*Corporate – June 28, 2010
Travellers Continue to Pack their Bags and Escape with
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. Roaming foodies, adventurous families and value-conscious couples receive extra motivation to hit the road.
Welcome Back, Traveller.
The vacation is alive and well in 2010. According to the latest
American Express Spending & Saving Tracker, more than 50 per cent of respondents are making plans to satiate their wanderlust this year.* Furthermore, a recent
Star Report by Smith Travel Research indicates that travellers are turning first to reliable, high-end hotel companies such as
“We are experiencing an upswing in business because of several key factors, including travellers’ unwillingness to compromise the quality of their vacation,” says Susan Helstab, Executive Vice President of Marketing. “Discerning travellers recognise the value of superior quality, exceptional service and memorable experiences in an environment that enriches time spent with loved ones.”
With fresh value-driven offerings, innovative dining experiences and new hotel openings around the world, travellers have ample reason to give in to the travel bug.
- Newly opened
Culina, Modern Italian at
Four SeasonsHotel Los Angeles and deca RESTAURANT + BAR at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago, A Four SeasonsHotel expand the brand’s collection of chic neighbourhood hot-spots that complement their cities’ independent restaurant scene. Both exude a welcoming and dynamic atmosphere and place special emphasis on the use of fresh, quality local ingredients and exciting design and décor.
- Atop the 34th floor of
Four SeasonsHotel Mumbai, Aer brings the residents and guests of India’ capital of commerce something completely new and yet evocative of its home. The modern watering hole uses minimalist design to accent its most distinctive feature: uninterrupted, 360-degree views of the city.
- Existing dining venues are also being pushed further into the spotlight as they continue to emerge as epicurean destinations unto themselves. This year marks the launch of independent web sites for several such standouts, showcasing their distinct personalities. One such restaurant is Austin’s TRIO, which now has a dedicated web page that provides fans with in-depth detail on menus, the culinary team and special promotions.
Always with an eye to the future,
- Two new properties are slated for the American West:
Four SeasonsHotel Denver will debut in fall 2010 with Four SeasonsResort Vail to follow.
Expansion in China progresses with openings of
Four SeasonsHotel Hangzhou at West Lake in late summer 2010 and Four SeasonsHotel Guangzhou in 2011. A total 14 Four Seasonsproperties are estimated to be operating within the country by the end of 2014.
- Excitement is also building for the unveiling of a new hotel in Marrakech, Morocco and the re-opening of the redesigned property that started it all:
Four SeasonsHotel London at Park Lane.
Complementing the above,
- Simple touches, such as fresh coffee every morning in all hotel lobbies; access to a fitness facility equipped with the newest machines; knowledgeable staff who can lend a helpful hand; and a pantry stocked with fresh juices, water, and fruit.
- Customised amenity collections tailored to different sects of travellers, from bottle warmers, diapers and strollers for those with little ones in tow, to complimentary shoes shines, 1-hour pressing and loan of laptop and PDA chargers for the road warrior.
*From the April 2010 American Express Spending & Saving Tracker
** From the First Quarter Star Report by Smith Travel Research
Press contacts are for journalists. For all other enquiries, please contact a hotel or resort directly.
Subscribe to Four Seasons News Releases to get news delivered to you automatically.