Four Seasons Tenure
- Since 1982
- First Four Seasons Assignment: Cook, Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
- Four Seasons Hotel New York; Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta; The Olympic Hotel Seattle (formerly a Four Seasons Hotel); Four Seasons Hotel Chicago; Four Seasons Hotel Washington, D.C.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- Associate in Occupational Studies (AOS), The Culinary Institute of America
- English and French
With multiple events, The Bristol Lounge and 65 chefs to oversee, you'd think Executive Chef Brooke Vosika might wash his hands of culinary pursuits away from the office. On the contrary, he prefers to keep them busy: "art and gardening - making my own wines, sauces, ciders and more - are my passions. For me, it's about learning and preserving history. I want my children to know that this is how you grow asparagus, and this is how good it can taste."
When not overseeing the "choreographed chaos" of the Bristol Lounge and banquet kitchens, Vosika can be found tending to his organic garden and orchards in upstate New York. "I spent summers there and fell in love with the freshness and abundance of food," he recalls of his youthful days cooking alongside his grandfather, a founding member of the Woodstock art community. On a given Saturday, Vosika can be found inviting friends over to boil sap into maple syrup or press apples into cider. And his personal wine label, Sawkill Creek, is now in its third vintage: "My plan is to create a bottle that can be appreciated right next to the expensive ones, with no regard to labels."
Vosika's love of farm to table extends right to the Four Seasons Boston kitchens: "we house age our meats, hand roll our pastas, and have a commitment to using the freshest local ingredients. Guests love knowing that what they're eating came from a farm right nearby."
Follow Chef on Twitter @ChefVos.
Check out the latest coverage in The Boston Globe on Chef Brooke Vosika:
- Chef Vosika's use of his home-grown peppers in hot sauce
- Chef Vosika creates a meal for The Boys & Girls Club in Roxbury
- Chef Vosika's famous lemon ricotta hot cakes
See Chef Brooke Vosika in action: