Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Anguilla with a Fifth Night Free at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
Special activities this summer
Many people think the best time to visit Anguilla is in high season, December through Easter, but Anguilla aficionados choose to visit during the island’s spring and summer season, May through August. Savvy travellers love this time of year because not only will they experience wonderful weather, balmy sea breezes and the calmest waters, but also incredible rates and the most diverse and interesting cultural events and enjoyable local festivals - or "fetes" as they are known on the island.
This year is particularly rich in culture as islanders will celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Anguilla Revolution, where the people of Anguilla revolted against and defeated the UK’s decision to put Anguilla into a federation with the islands of St Kitts and Nevis.
Stay and play at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla with the Stay Longer- Fifth Night Free package and discover Anguilla from the eyes of the islanders as a guest of Four Seasons. This package is available from May 1 to August 27, 2017. Bring the entire family and friends and experience the luxury of a spacious Villa (sleeps up to 14).
Summer Highlights in Anguilla
Memorial Day Weekend - Friday, May 26 – Wednesday, May 31, 2017
- On Island: Celebrate the Anguilla Revolution like a local. Charter a boat and circumnavigate Anguilla with one of the experienced captains and follow the exciting sailboat action from the best possible position with the best possible guide to explain the rules.
- At the Resort: Celebrate the beautiful island of Anguilla with a traditional Anguillan BBQ at Bamboo Bar & Grill while watching the annual boat races and listening to Caribbean style music. Learn how to make johnny cakes, play the steel drums, or participate in a boat race in the Resort’s family pool adjacent to Meads Bay where the annual boat races take place. The entire weekend will feature a variety of activities to help guests learn more about the island history while simply enjoying the beautiful ambiance of Anguilla.
Fourth of July Festivities - Friday, June 30 – Tuesday, July 4, 2017
- At the Resort: Spend an unforgettable Fourth of July with all-American burgers and beachside bonfires. Sunset Lounge will be hosting special live performances by Omalie 360 and DJ Sugar while adding a spark to the night with fierce fireworks over the Sunset Lounge.
Meads Bay Boat Race and Beach Party – Thursday, August 10, 2017
Boat racing is both a cherished tradition and the national sport of Anguilla.
- At the Resort and on island: Thousands of visitors may flock to Sandy Ground for the August Monday Beach Party, but Four Seasons guests often prefer this friendly and less crowded "lime" – the Caribbean word for relaxed fun. August Thursday also has a boat race, fabulous BBQ stands and infectious music to enjoy all the festivities with front row seat and dining specials on the beach, in the restaurants and at the bars.
Parade of Troupes – Friday, August 11, 2017
- On island: Release the inner Carmen Miranda and feel fabulous in feathers. Join one of the friendly troupes and take part in the annual Parade of Troupes, a colourful dance around The Valley, or just hang out with the locals and watch the parade, with a cold drink in hand, and get a photo taken with a favourite costume.
For reservations, see your travel professional, call 800 201 9580 or book online.