La Dolce Vita Returns to Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
The series of celebratory events, to be held at the Resort June 9-15, 2014, includes cooking classes, culinary adventures and spectacular dinners co-hosted by Steve and Chrystal Clifton, owners of Palmina and partners of Brewer-Clifton wines, as well as a variety of Spa, retail, eco and entertainment experiences.
“La Dolce Vita is our annual celebration of the sweet life - a fun and interactive way to celebrate the lifestyle of Hualalai,” says Robert Whitfield, regional vice president and general manager of
The line-up of events (schedule subject to change) is as follows:
Monday, June 9
- Pizza and Dolcetto Dinner – Chef Angela Kenyon and winemaker Steve Clifton host this Palmina tradition at Beach Tree, in which they grill three specialty pizzas over an open fire beachside while guests enjoy Palmina’s just-released 2013 Dolcetto.
Tuesday, June 10
- WOW Farm Tour Lunch and Wine Tasting – Beach Tree Chef Angela Kenyon, Manager Teddy Lyau and winemakers Steve and Chrystal Clifton host a trip to WOW Farms – Hawaii’s best tomato farm. Guests will join a private tour from owner Mike Hodson, pick tomatoes for that evening’s dinner and enjoy a farm lunch with Palmina Wines.
- Taste of Wow Dinner - WOW Farms owner Mike Hodson and winemakers Steve and Chrystal Clifton join Chef Angela Kenyon and Manager Teddy Lyau for an extraordinary three-course prix fixe dinner. WOW Farm tomatoes will be featured in all three courses, including made-to-order spaghetti with wild boar and Beach Tree’s signature Rosso wine by Palmina.
Wednesday, June 11
- NELHA Tour and Lunch - See the future now, at the Natural Energy Labs of Hawaiian Authority (NELHA), with a fascinating visit to the Hawaii Ocean Science Technology Park. NELHA is developing innovative and sustainable marine resources, including deep-sea farming of kampachi and Maine lobster. After the tour, enjoy a lunch, freshly prepared on-site by the culinary team from Four Seasons.
- Scuola di Cucina: Limoncello – Beach Tree Manager Teddy Lyau leads guests through the art of creating limoncello, the famed Italian digestif. Guests will bottle their own sample to take home, allowing them to celebrate La Dolce Vita back on the mainland.
- The Perfect Pairing Dinner - Lobster, kampachi and chardonnay – Chef Ricardo Jarquin will grill local favourites lobster and kampachi beachside, while Manager Chuck Wilson and winemakers Steve & Chrystal Clifton pour the new ‘ULU Chardonnay by Palmina, for the perfect seaside pairing.
Thursday, June 12
- Alberi dell Vita (Trees of Life) Tour and Lunch - Protecting the world we live in sustains our ability to enjoy the sweet life. On the slopes of Mauna Kea, guests will see first-hand how important it is to take action now to preserve the beauty of Hawaii Island. Learn how Hawaiian Legacy Hardwoods and
Four Seasonsare joining forces to make a difference by planting 500,000 legacy koa trees. Guests tour this spectacular forest, plant their very own legacy koa tree and enjoy an amazing lunch, all while giving back and paying it forward.
- Torneo di Biliardino (Foosball Tournament) – A fun and fast-moving tournament at the Surf Shack to kick-off the beginning of the World Cup. Five-minute games between guests of all ages are refereed Resort Manager Florian Riedel.
- World Cup – Day 1 of the biggest sporting event in the world takes centre stage, live on big-screen televisions at the Surf Shack, as Brazil faces-off with Croatia.
- Scuola di Cucina: Gnocchi – Chef Angela Kenyon will teach guests to prepare Beach Tree’s famous gnocchi, while enjoying housemade sangria. That evening at the Gnocchi and Barbera Dinner, Chef Angela and winemaker Steve Clifton will cook the gnocchi the guests prepared, serving them their respective creations.
- Gnocchi and Barbera Dinner – Chef Angela Kenyon and winemaker Steve Clifton prepare gnocchi to order – on display in the Beach Tree dining room, paired with Palmina’s Barbera wine.
Friday, June 13
- Alla Vita e Salute (To Life & Health) Yoga and Wellness Chat and Breakfast - Start the morning with a 45-minute yoga session in the Spa’s Waiea Garden, followed by a wellness discussion and breakfast with Hualalai Spa’s fitness expert Beth D'Angelo. Guests will then enjoy a 20-minute mini massage treatment in an outdoor Spa hale before heading off to conquer the day.
- Scuola di Cucina: Olive Oil – Chef Angela Kenyon will host a fun and educational tasting of olive oils, including Beach Tree’s signature olive oil. Guests will learn about the rich history of olive oil, its various characteristics and which varietal to use with different foods.
- Palmina Wines Dinner Party – The party will begin at the Beach Tree Lounge, with passed hors d’ouevres and wine, before the main seating in the dining room, featuring Chef Angela Kenyon’s four-course family-style prix fixe dinner and celebration. Winemakers Steve and Chrystal Clifton present a variety of acclaimed Palmina Wines.
Saturday, June 14
- Torneo di Bocce (Bocce Ball Tournament) – An old-school bocce ball tournament on the Sunset Lawn. Sinatra, sparkling wine and the spirit of friendly competition are sure to be seen and heard at this festive event.
- Scuola di Cucina: Dolce (Dessert) – Executive Pastry Chef Melissa Logan opens up her kitchen for an interactive class, creating some of her favourite Italian-inspired desserts.
- Meet the Winemakers Reception – Guests are invited to join Steve and Chrystal Clifton, makers of Palmina Wines and partners of Brewer-Clifton Wines for an intimate reception on the ‘ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge beach, featuring some of their favourite wines paired with Chef Ricardo Jarquin’s hors d’oeuvres.
- Brewer-Clifton Winemaker Dinner – Guests will be treated to a spectacular evening of dining and wine pairings at ‘ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge. The evening begins with hors d’oeuvres and wine alongside the beach, before the seating on the oceanfront lanai. Winemakers Steve and Chrystal Clifton host the evening, which features Chef Ricardo Jarquin’s locally-sourced five-course menu and Brewer-Clifton wines.
Guests are also invited to book the Experience More package, which includes a USD 1,000.00 Resort credit. This five-night package includes luxurious suite accommodations, and the Resort credit is applicable to incidental charges, including La Dolce Vita events, Spa, retail, golf and activities.
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu