Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Hosts Special Schedule of Activities for World Oceans Day and Global Wellness Day
World Oceans Day - June 8, 2017
World Oceans Day is a global day of celebration and collaboration to educate and spread awareness on ocean conservation and pollution reduction. The Natural Resources team at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, led by Director of Natural Resources David Chai, has developed a program for the day to honour and showcase the sustainable and preservative aspects of the Resort’s daily operation.
- 8:00-10:30 am - Beach clean-up - Kumukea Beach
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm - World Oceans Day Activity Center
- 1:00-1:30 pm - Kainalu eagle ray feeding at King's Pond
- 2:00-2:30 pm - Hualalai oysters tasting at Beach Tree
Guests will have the opportunity to try some of the Resort’s sustainable seafood options throughout the day as well. At Resident’s Beach House, one of the four oceanfront restaurants, guests can order exclusively local Hawaiian kanpachi, farmed and raised of the shores of the Resort in the only open-ocean off shore fish farm in the country. The Resort’s own Hualalai oysters, grown and harvested on-site, will be available at Residents' Beach House, Beach Tree, 'Ulu Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge, and Hualalai Grille in celebration of World Ocean Day.
Global Wellness Day - June 10, 2017
Global Wellness Day is an international day focused on living well, both physically and spiritually with the mantra “one day can change your whole life.” The Resort’s Hualalai Spa and Sports Club offers guests a schedule of complimentary activities below. Additionally, guests who book the locally-inspired Passion Fruit Scrub on June 10 will receive a complimentary passion fruit spa product gift.
- 7:00 am - 80-minute sunrise yoga and meditation at Beach Tree Lawn with local snacks and refreshments from the purveyors and farmers on Hawaii Island
- 10:30 am - 50-minute guided walk through the Resort and the beach with local snacks and refreshments
Room reservations at