Say I Do Where Heaven Meets the Earth: Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina is Hawaii’s Ultimate Wedding and Honeymoon Destination
- Customised ceremonies in an historic wedding chapel and stunning ocean front settings
- Creative receptions for two to two thousand guests
- Personalised honeymoons to suit every couple’s interests
- Vow renewals and other expressions of love, Hawaiian style
As the sun dips below a panoramic Pacific horizon, and clad in flowing white with your toes in the warm sand, you declare your forever love amid the exotic scents of tropical flowers to the sound of softly played slack key guitar, and it’s another magical Hawaiian wedding. Could there be anything more?
Imagine sharing vows in a place of special mana, surrounded by swaying palms and the breezy trade winds at pristine Lanikuhonua – “where heaven meets the earth” – a sacred place frequented by Hawaiian royalty and blessed by generations of kahu. Imagine being enveloped by the rugged beauty of Oahu’s leeward coast on one side and a world-class oasis of luxury on the other, where miles of undiscovered paradise await; where wandering pathways and streams lead from the elegant simplicity of a classically designed resort and stunning ocean front infinity pool to secret beaches and an intimate, historically inspired chapel that evokes the Hawaii of a previous era. Imagine toasting each other in a tropical garden enclave, adorned with ginger and plumeria, on the starlit terrace at Noe, where "Capri meets Oahu," presided over by Michelin starred Japanese Italian chef Ryo Takatsuka.
“Hawaii has long been a favoured destination for wedding couples, and with good reason – the islands are beautiful and welcoming, and of course the sun’s almost always shining,” says Amanda Belton, the Resort’s Director of Catering and Conference Services. “Today’s brides and grooms want more than that though; creating an event-of-a-lifetime, something that fulfils every fantasy and expresses who they are, is every couple’s dream, and at
Seasoned wedding planner Belton works with a team of Hawaiian and multi-lingual specialists at
Wedding and Honeymoon Planning
As a starting point for planning,
The Resort’s wedding experts and culinary team work closely with a list of preferred vendors on the island to ensure the very best quality in every detail. The paperwork couldn’t be easier as
Japanese and Chinese Weddings
Location, location, location … even if vows are only exchanged once, the possibilities for rehearsal dinners, weddings receptions, next day brunches and more are as endless as the gorgeous photo opportunities at
With more than two dozen event spaces,
Other venue options include the Ko Olina, Ocean, Malolo and Lurline Ballrooms – several of which spill onto private terraces and lawns – and the more intimate Mariposa and Matsonia rooms. For the ultimate in privacy, the secret beach beckons, tucked away in a natural cove reached via a lovely path winding down to the ocean from the Resort.
Built to exacting standards, the
Every sensual detail comes together on the big day, from the sounds of music and ocean waves to the tastes of a personalised menu, the feel of one’s feet in the sand, and the incredible beauty of Oahu’s west coast.
“When it comes to scent, there’s no more magical place that Hawaii, where all manner of stunning flowers and greenery are always in season, and always freshly picked,” says Belton. “Whatever your floral fantasies, we can make it happen – bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages and wristlets, flower girl baskets, table centrepieces and garlands, petal-strewn pathways, and of course, Hawaiian leis that can be designed, including the more exotic Hawaiian haku floral crown head piece.”
Traditional island music has long been favoured by wedding couples, and today, Hawaii’s thriving music scene offers even more options.
Embracing Culture: A Fully Personalised Honeymoon
For many couples, the honeymoon is the real prize after months of planning and all the excitement of the wedding day. At Ko Olina, the possibilities are limited only by one’s imagination, with the help of the creative romance specialists at
Active couples will find myriad pursuits from the exclusive Ko Olina Golf Club to Oahu’s breathtaking hikes and the North Shore’s legendary surf. Need clubs, a board, perhaps a bike? Done. A gourmet picnic basket for the road?
Ko Olina offers the island’s only privately owned deep draft marina, with a multitude of luxury vessels available for snorkelling, diving, whale watching and deep sea fishing.
Cultural explorers will find adventure on Oahu, whether it’s a tour of Hawaii’s famous food trucks and shrimp shacks or a day spent delving into history at Pearl Harbor and America’s only royal palace. Honolulu’s shopping and Waikiki’s nightlife are minutes away from the Resort.
Oahu’s western coastline is home to revered cultural storytellers, artisans, crafters and some of Hawaii’s most fascinating living legends. From watermen to kupuna, artisans to designers, these kama’aina are the breath of life to Hawaii.
Inspired by the ancient Polynesian navigational traditions of wayfinding – to voyage and navigate canoes to unchartered areas, Four Seasons showcases #FSWAYFINDERS, an ongoing weekly series featuring art, culture, history and in-depth workshops. Couples can discover first-hand myriad new experiences relating to Hawaii and the Pacific, weaving together traditions of the past with an occasional modern spin. Workshop opportunities include bamboo wood carving, haku lei making, hula, lauhala weaving, ancient healing practices and sarong dying, just to name a few.
Luxury Rooms and Suites
Trendy couples are also bringing friends and family on honeymoon to continue the party. With 370 rooms and suites and several private dining rooms – plus any number of group activities from beach yoga classes to sunset cruises and guided island tours – there’s no reason not to have loved ones share in the celebration.
“But if all you want to do is lock the door to your suite for a week, we’re good with that too – breakfast in bed, in-room massages, a candlelit dinner on your private lanai, or even a bucket of popcorn and a bottle of champagne to go with a movie can be delivered to your room,” says Belton.
Exquisite La Perla Turndown Amenities
In partnership with
On request to the concierge, La Perla will provide a curated selection of three lingerie sets in three colourways. Each evening the couple will receive a beautiful box featuring one of her lingerie sets, paired with a sweet treat and champagne selected to reflect the design of the garment.
Couples are invited to experience the intimacy and exclusivity of a private in-room shopping experience by scheduling a complimentary La Perla swimwear or lingerie fitting in the privacy of their hotel suite.
- Pacific Suite: A one-of-a kind gem with a walk out plunge pool, the Pacific Suite is the ultimate honeymoon suite, overlooking the infinity pool with stunning west coast sunsets.
- Presidential Suite: At USD 17,000 a night, the Resort’s Presidential Suite might be considered the domain of, well, presidents. But consider the idea of a fully contained Presidential Suite wedding experience – where the couple advantages the two bedroom suite, dining room and service kitchens, private screening room and Sky Terrace entirely for themselves for an unforgettable overnight wedding and honeymoon – a truly unique Four Seasons experience with officiant and private butler, and more.
- Penthouse Suite: The ultimate honeymoon stay, with an 800 square foot (74 square metre) terrace on the 17th floor, the Penthouse Suite offers a panoramic view of the Pacific and uninterrupted views for whale watching.
An incredible night’s rest is guaranteed at
Pure Indulgence: Naupaka Spa & Wellness Centre
Inspired by ancient Hawaiian healing traditions, the Naupaka Spa & Wellness Centre is a luxurious haven for innovative treatments, complemented by local indigenous practices. Brides and grooms can book relaxing massages as well as special occasion grooming, while bridal parties can indulge in a day of pampering together.
- Hawaiian healing hales – Surrender to the tranquil allure of Naupaka’s exclusive spa hales overlooking the Lanikuhonua Cultural Estate. Traditional Hawaii healing treatments ease stress in an intimate zen-inspired outdoor setting to elevate one’s sense of being. Couples are invited to experience the powerful healing powers of a local lomi lomi practitioner, and then refresh in an in an adjacent outdoor shower and enjoy an intimate dinner for two served just outside the hale.
- Billy Yamaguchi Salon - Celebrated for introducing feng shui to hair styling, Yamaguchi’s signature consultations focus on the five elements – fire, earth, metal, water and wood – drawing on an individual’s core energy to inspire colours and styles that naturally complement features and reflect inner beauty.
- Sodashi - Sanskrit for "wholeness, purity and radiance," Sodashi has successfully harnessed the benefits of powerful therapeutic grade essential oils and plant essences to create award-winning, luxurious, anti-ageing, chemical-free products with incredible results. Sodashi therapies are a unique, results-focused, holistic experience, designed to promote inner peace, offered exclusively by
Four Seasonson Oahu.
Named by Forbes as one of the top four spas on Oahu, Naupaka’s 35,000 square foot (3,250 square metre) facility on four levels includes 16 treatment rooms, three healing hales, two salt chambers, two hammams, a barbershop, indoor/outdoor relaxation lounges, change rooms, saunas and steam rooms. Kristen Wood Lash of Luxury, offered weekends, brings Oahu’s top lash expert to
On the sixth floor, the Resort’s 24/7 fitness centre is stocked with state-of-the-art cardio and weight training equipment, with daily ocean front yoga, group classes and personal training available. There are abundant water sports and a full tennis facility onsite, and guests of
Every couple hopes that their family and friends will enjoy the wedding as much as they do, and there’s no better choice than
Four Seasons excels at going beyond the ordinary and
Arrive in Style with the
For an extraordinary arrival and departure experience,
Tesla Drive and Delight
Specialty suite guests have access to a complimentary Model X or Model S Tesla for 48 hours of cruising around the island.
To begin planning a wedding or honeymoon in paradise, visit
Four Seasons Resort O‘ahu at Ko Olina