Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village and California Health & Longevity Institute Support Global Wellness Day 2017
Global Wellness Day at
Los Angeles-based health and wellness expert and lifestyle blogger Sophie Jaffe will lead two morning outdoor yoga classes on the Hotel’s beautiful Pagoda Lawn. Sophie is a certified yoga instructor and raw food chef who runs wellness-based company Philosophie with the goal of making health and wellness accessible, easy and enjoyable.
Following yoga, an exclusive VIMMIA Activewear pop-up shop will be available to all Global Wellness Day participants. VIMMIA’s luxe workout wear provides precision fits, exceptional detailing, and technical properties that include thermoregulation, moisture wicking, and improved oxygenation to muscles.
Two Morning Mindfulness meditation sessions will offer a state of alert, focused relaxation and a great place to help set a purposeful intention for the day.
Dr. Jonathan Cole, Medical Director and Managing Partner of California Health & Longevity Institute, will host four different “Tea Talks,” covering a wide variety of topics including how to stay healthy while travelling and breast cancer prevention, to name a few. An assortment of fine teas will be served.
CHLI’s Director of Nutrition Paulette Lambert, RD, CDE, will lead four fun and interactive culinary demonstrations in the open-concept Wellness Kitchen. Each 30 minute session focuses on making healthful and family-friendly items that are easy to prepare. Topics include Breakfast Bars, Super Greens, Sustainable Thai Curry and an Anti-Oxidant Berry Crisp so good it’s hard to believe it’s healthy too.
The award-winning Spa at
Providing healthful dining options is a top priority at
Specially created Sustained Living Breakfast and Lunch menus will be offered on Global Wellness Day. Breakfast items include polenta and chia seed pancakes with grilled tomato salsa, avocado and a sunny side up egg; and spinach and kale frittata with turkey bacon, sautéed mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs. For lunch, guests can enjoy a roasted chile relleno with quinoa, goat cheese, avocado and grilled pineapple salsa; or heirloom tomato and watermelon salad with mint, lime, chickpeas, cucumbers and grilled avocado.
In partnership with Global Green,
All events highlighted above are complimentary to Hotel guests and locals unless otherwise noted. For a complete schedule of events, refer to the outline below.
Follow along as
Global Wellness Day Schedule of Events
- 6:30 am - Sunrise Cycle
- 8:00 am - Yoga on the Pagoda with Sophie Jaffe
- 8:00-10:00 am - VIMMIA Activewear Pop-Up Shop
- 8:30 am - Morning Mindfulness
- 9:00 am - Yoga on the Pagoda with Sophie Jaffe
- 9:15 am - Tea Talk with Doctor Cole: Milk Myth Busters
- 9:30 am - Morning Mindfulness
- 9:45 am - Tea Talk with Doctor Cole: News Flash About Hot Flashes
- 10:15 am - Tea Talk with Doctor Cole: The Angelina Jolie Effect on Breast Cancer Prevention
- 10:45 am - Tea Talk with Doctor Cole: Staying Healthy Worldwide
- 11:00 am - Culinary Demonstration: Breakfast Bars
- 11:30 am - Culinary Demonstration: Super Greens
- 12:00 noon - Culinary Demonstration: Sustainable Thai Curry
- 12:30 pm - Culinary Demonstration: Anti-Oxidant Berry Crisp
- 7:30 pm - Wellness Dinner + Comedy Show; cost is USD 65 plus one drink minimum at Comedy Uncorked
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, California