Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler Celebrates Festive Season with Exciting Experiences for All Guests
Festive season is the perfect time to get to know the snowy side of
Festival of Trees – Lights Up on Friday, November 25, 2016 at 5:00 pm through January 5, 2017
The team at
Festive season at
With 44 indoor seats and 12 on the outdoor terrace, The Cabin will be operate from 5:00 to 10:00 pm from December 16, 2016 to January 8, 2017 with a closure on New Year’s Eve. The pop-up restaurant will be reprised for two consecutive weekends in February to provide additional culinary options for weekends around Family Day and President’s Day: February 10–13 and February 17-20, 2017.
The hyper local menu curates the best bites and bevies from British Columbia featuring items such as charcuterie and cheese plates from Two Rivers Meats and Golden Ears Cheese as well local seafood, wines and craft beers. Nibble on mixed nuts, olives, sardine bruschetta, and crudité with roasted garlic hummus, freshly shucked oysters and beef or tuna tartare. Indulge in Northern Divine caviar and satisfy that sweet tooth with house made chocolate cake, cheesecake or crème brulee. Raise a glass of locally brewed craft beers, BC wines and a selection of SIDECUT’s signature cocktails.
Alpine Heights and White Winter Nights Gala – New Year’s Eve 2017 at
- Saturday, December 31, 2016
- All Night: Dinner and dancing, 8:00 pm to 1:00 am, CAD 250
- Late Night: Dessert buffet, DJ and dancing, 10:00 pm to 1:00 am, CAD 100
The Resort's New Year’s Eve celebration is the village’s most delightful. Featuring fantastic food, drinks, décor and entertainment, this salute to 2017 promises to start the New Year off right.
Put on party clothes for a magical night inspired by winter white designed for mixing, mingling, dining and dancing. Social seating invites guests to participate in an interactive setting, maximising the entertainment and dance floor. The evening will showcase a magnificent dinner featuring three chef action stations serving up lobster caesar salad, parmesan wheel risotto, pan seared steelhead with caviar sauce, and black angus beef wellington with foie gras mignonette. The buffet also offers guests selection of salads, cheese and charcuterie stations; a premium seafood station boasting oysters, shrimp, Alaskan king crab and sashimi; and a salmon station presenting five interpretations of the famed local fish including pastrami, gravlax, smoked, caviar and candied. Save room for the late evening chocolate buffet offering all shades and styles of chocolate desserts. The ticket price includes dinner, two drink tickets from the full service cash bar and a midnight Champagne toast.
Two exceptional entertainment options are on display this New Year’s Eve. From 8:00 to 10:00 pm, The Phonix, a nine-piece Canadian funk, soul and R&B party band, will be setting the soundtrack for a seriously fun night. The Phonix pairs great music and high energy with flashy choreography and a captivating stage presence to keep guests grooving.
Dance Some More
At 10:00 pm, enter DJ George V. Not your everyday DJ, King of Cool George's sense of style comes through in his personality, the way he dresses and the music he spins. Switching from real vinyl turntables to modern DJ equipment on the fly, jhe'll effortlessly keep the party going all night.
Winter Activities for Families at the Resort
Whistler Cubs is a winter-centric activity-based program at the Resort that gives the whole family time to bond. Activities include cooking classes, excursions across the Resort, crafts, mixology and dinner experiences. The Whistler Cubs programming is available on weekends throughout the winter season and daily during holiday seasons of December 18, 2016 - January 8, 2017 and February 19-25, 2017.
Sample daily schedule:
- 1:00 to 2:00 pm, Holiday-Themed Arts & Crafts Activities: From decorating Christmas ornaments to writing letters to Santra, trimming the Resort's Christmas trees and building snow globes and New Year’s Eve noisemakers, kids are invited to get hands-on with these creative activities.
- 2:30 to 4:00 pm, Sweet-Tooth Indulgences: The 12 and under set are encouraged to join Whistler Cubs Master Jordan Iseanor to create delicious treats that change daily and include apple cinnamon skewers, fondo, apple pops, cookies, gingerbread houses and Oreo reindeer pops.
- 4:30 to 6:30 pm, Late Afternoon Fun: There are so many fun things to do depending on the day of the week. Activities range from happy hour MOCKtails to snowman building, scavenger hunts, ski and snowboard decorating, art lessons with Murray Phillips and Christmas bingo.
- 7:00 pm, Movie Time: Cosy up in the library to enjoy some festive favourites including movie titles such as Elf, Frosty the Snowman, Home Alone, The Polar Express, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and A Charlie Brown Christmas.
Maola’s First Christmas
The Resort's five-month old Pet-in-Residence Maola is a playful Alaskan malamute puppy who will soon learn what her new home is famous for – amazing snow. Maola’s spirit is reminiscent of a “kid on Christmas,” and in-house guests will have the pleasure of watching Maola experience the special season for her first time around the Resort.
Maola was chosen specifically to complement the friendly outdoor vibe of
Save Energy for the Mountain and Let the Resort's Ski Concierge Handle the Equipment
This service saves the day, preventing meltdowns and equipment hassles. The Ski Concierge whisks skis, boots and poles from the Resort so guests arrive at the mountain to boots that are warm and dry.
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler