Introducing Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens
- Historic hotel on the Athenian Riviera reborn as the first Four Seasons experience in Greece
- 303 accommodations, 7 restaurants and lounges, 3 private beaches, a unique spa concept and myriad recreational options indoors and out
- Minutes from the Acropolis and other historic sites as well as the international airport, yet a world away with a true seaside resort experience
Welcome to the new Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens, a long-favoured getaway for Athenians and international glitterati now reborn for a new era of luxury travel. Nestled among 30 hectares (75 acres) of towering pines and fringed by three private beaches, it’s both a sanctuary and a gateway to a Greek holiday like no other.
Just 30 minutes from the Acropolis and historical city centre of Athens, a glamorous seaside playground offers opportunities tailor the perfect vacation experience, whether splashing about in the pools with the family, enjoying chic dining and drinking options with friends, or escaping to one’s own private bungalow.
Hotel features include 303 accommodations in rooms, suites, villas and bungalows; seven restaurants and bars from an authentic Italian trattoria to poolside grill, a Greek seafood restaurant, traditional beachfront tavern, intimate cigar lounge and more; a spa inspired by the studies of Hippocrates plus extensive wellness facilities including hydrotherapy pool and fitness rooms; and multiple beaches and pools. There’s also a tennis academy, basketball court and the signature Kids for All Seasons program for the Hotel’s youngest guests.
Located on a peninsula that also includes extensive parkland, restaurants, shopping and the Astir Marina, Four Seasons is just 25 kilometres (15 miles) from Athens Eleftherios Venizelos Airport via car or helicopter to the Hotel’s private helipad. The Hotel also has its own pier for those who wish to arrive by sea, or take tour of the surrounding islands.
Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens is scheduled to open in March 2019.
Architects and Designers
- Emmanouel Voulekas, Pericles Sakellarios, Konstantinos Dekavallas, Prokopis Vasileiades (architects original 1958)
- Lead Architectural Study of the project: AETER (as Four Seasons)
- Interiors designed by Meyer Davis Studio (as Four Seasons)
- Architectural Landscaping: Thomas Doxiadis
- Spa & Fitness: Blu Spas
- Martin Brudnizki (architect of Mercato, Pelagos, Avra restaurants and lounge)
- K Studios (Designers of Taverna 37, HELIOS restaurants)
- Meyer Davis (Designer of Aristotle’s cigar lounge)
A total of 303 accommodations are spread through two separate buildings, each with its own dining and leisure facilities, as well as a collection of classic bungalows.
- Arion, a modernist building featuring stylish retro-chic design; in addition to guest rooms and suites, it is also home to four restaurants and the Hotel’s spa; the Arion Duplex Penthouse stands out in the region, covering two floors and crowned by a spectacular rooftop garden and private pool with breathtaking Aegean views
- Nafsika, a mid-century modern building, boasts azure sea views from every room, as well as three restaurants and lively pool and waterfront scene
- The Bungalows are original to the Hotel, and are now updated and modernised for today’s luxury traveller
Resort-Style Spa, Fitness and Leisure
Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens is the ideal resort-style hotel just minutes from the city centre, with:
- Three private beaches along a 300 metre (1,000 foot) see-and-be-seen boardwalk
- Τhree swimming pools – two outdoors one with saltwater and one indoor
- Selected suites also boast private pools
- Fully supervised, complimentary Kids for All Seasons program in a dedicated facility
- Tennis academy, basketball court, non-motorised watersports and scenic jogging trails are all on property
A well-balanced life includes time to relax and rejuvenate while travelling. Facilities include:
- Hippocrates-inspired Spa, with eight treatment rooms plus two suites and three multi-purpose beach cabanas
- Indoor pool and lap pool
- Two fitness rooms
- Hair salon
- Relaxation lounge and spa bar
Dining and Drinking
Seven restaurants and lounges are among the dining and drinking options for guests of Four Seasons, as well as local visitors.
- Mercato – an authentic Italian trattoria and market with extensive indoor and outdoor seating for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- HELIOS – Latin American specialties and a ceviche raw bar are on the menu at this poolside grill
- Pelagos – a sea-fresh Greek seafood restaurant for breakfast, dinner and Sunday brunch
- Taverna 37 – a rustic, traditional-style restaurant on the seafront that draws ingredients and inspiration from across Greece
- Avra – the informal “living room”of the Nafsika building, Avra is the ideal spot to meet new friends and old for drinks and light fare
- Astron – a casually elegant lounge for coffee and cocktails with a hypnotic sea view
- Aristotle’s Cigar Lounge – an exclusive and intimate bar and lounge for the most discerning tastes
Meetings, Events and Weddings at Four Seasons
- A total of 2,119 square metres (22,813 square feet) of flexible event spaces including open air terraces can host meetings, parties and weddings for groups between 12 and 560 people
Signature Four Seasons Service
Renowned the world over for its personalised service, Four Seasons offers the following to all guests:
- Expert multi-lingual concierge and business services, with access to personal shoppers, private tour guides and other local services
- Twice daily housekeeping
- Laundry services including one-hour pressing and overnight shoeshine
- Storage of personal items for frequent guests
- Round-the-clock in-room dining
- Complimentary morning coffee and international newspapers
Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens