Summer Guests Invited to “Linger Longer” at Four Seasons Hotel Austin
With travel expected to rebound sharply after a year-long hiatus, Four Seasons Hotel Austin invites summer guests to make up for lost time – with more time. The urban resort has rolled out a variety of new offers – including a 20 percent off Austin Getaway offer (minimum two-night stay) and a new 4th Night Free offer – available starting June 1, 2021.
“I am greatly encouraged by signs that travellers are returning to the roads,” says General Manager Rob Hagelberg. “We are more than ready to welcome them and eager to share our updated spaces and new activities.”
Tucked between the tranquil shores of Lady Bird Lake and bustling downtown, Four Seasons Hotel Austin offers a convenient base for all there is to see and do in Austin, making an extra night or two almost a necessity to experience the destination to its fullest. Guests intent on relaxation can stroll the Hotel’s sprawling grounds, which include verdant greenbelts and colourful gardens; take a nap in a tree-shaded hammock; or cosy up in a lakefront Adirondack chair to soak in Austin’s natural beauty. Water activities are abundant – from stand-up paddle boarding and kayaking to a sunset picnic on a retro electric boat – with several rental outfitters within steps of the Hotel.
Travellers who prefer to be in the heart of the action would be hard-pressed to find a more centrally located Hotel. Just a short walk across Congress Bridge is hip South Congress – “SoCo” to locals – lined with an eclectic mix of shops, attractions and restaurants, many with inviting patios. Guests who head the opposite direction out the Hotel’s front doors will have their pick of dining, entertainment and live music venues in the 4th and 6th Street entertainment districts, not to mention easy access to the nearby Texas Capitol building. Rainey Street, with its laidback bungalows-turned-bars, many with ample outdoor spaces, is also just a quick walk east.
On-property, the opportunities for fun are equally endless. In a nod to its urban resort roots, the Hotel has launched a spate of new summer activities, many complimentary for guests. Among the new options:
- Austin Rocks! Rock Painting (Thursdays, 3:30 pm) – This pressure-free activity encourages guests to unleash their inner artist on a unique Austin canvas: smooth river rocks. The Hotel provides the materials and the inspirational setting overlooking Lady Bird Lake, but the subject is entirely up to each participant. After they've finished their masterpiece, guests can take it home as a souvenir or choose to leave it behind in the Hotel’s rock garden for the enjoyment of future guests.
- Morning Meditation (Sundays, 7:45 to 8:00 am) – Led by Spa and Recreations Manager Stephanie Branch, a firm believer in the benefits of meditation, this 15-minute session includes a brief introduction to the practice, instruction in breath-work and guided cues to help guests enjoy the sounds of Austin as it awakens, from the chirp of birds to the gentle lapping of water along Lady Bird Lake.
- Full Moon Fȇtes (May 26, June 24, July 23 and August 22, 2021) – The magic of a full moon – and all of the heightened emotions the lunar phenomenon brings – is on full display during these nighttime parties at the pool. Special lighting, glow stick cocktails and the opportunity to experiment with light painting are just a few of the activities guests will enjoy.
- “Bat” Bombs (Daily, 11:00 am to 12:00 midnight) – Inspired by the city’s beloved Mexican free-tailed bats, this activity features “bat” bombs, a bat-shaped bath fizz made with a house-made blend of native Texas essential oils and served with one of the Hotel’s signature “Did You See the Bats?” cocktails. Kids enjoy their own sudsy version, along with a house-made bat cookie.
- After-Hours at The Spa (Thursday through Sunday, 7:00 to 10:00 pm) – The ultimate in exclusivity, parties of up to six people can book a nighttime takeover of The Spa, complete with luxurious 80-minute treatments, a visit from the Hotel’s one-of-a-kind Margarita cart and optional add-ons such as a hair braid bar or interactive classes for groups.
These activities are in addition to the Hotel’s already robust programming, including Vino + Vinyasa yoga with a certified sommelier, featuring a side-by-side tasting of two wines at the end of class; lawn games; a Guitar Concierge lending program and champong, a haute twist on the college standby. A full 2021 Summer Activity Guide, with dates, times and pricing, is available for download on the Hotel’s website.
Guests may reserve the Austin Getaway and 4th Night Free offers online or by calling Reservations at 512 478 4500.