Winter Fun and Valuable Savings at Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Special offers, festive events make for a memorable winter getaway
This holiday season, visitors and locals staying close to home can take advantage of special winter offers and a full lineup of holiday events, both at Four Seasons Hotel Austin and throughout the Texas capital.
“What Austin lacks in snow, it more than makes up for in things to see and do,” says General Manager Rob Hagelberg. This year, several beloved Austin holiday traditions return, ranging from Trail of Lights in Zilker Park and Peppermint Parkway at Circuit of the Americas – two drive-thru experiences filled with millions of festive lights and elaborate décor – to Ballet Austin’s Nutcracker and Luminations at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, a luminary-filled event showcasing the natural wonder of winter.
At the Hotel, some of the lowest rates of the year entice, with an additional 20 percent off when travellers book the Austin Winter Getaway special. Once on property, cosy nooks and creative activities encourage family and friends to reconnect in a meaningful way. Among the festive fun, starting in November:
- Gingerbread Village – In a year that could use a little magic, the Hotel team is excited to debut its Lobby Gingerbread Village inspired by the North Pole. Featuring 11 edible “houses,” including Santa’s Workshop, an Elf Dormitory and a Town Square with a live countdown to Christmas, the Village debuts on November 29, 2021 and will be open daily through December 28, 2021.
- Gourmet S’mores – Starting November 26, 2021, outdoor enthusiasts are invited to spend a winter evening roasting s’mores around the Hotel’s cosy firepits. Made in-house, mint and cinnamon marshmallows are paired with Texas-shaped Vahlrona 68 percent dark chocolate and rich Caramelia milk chocolate, respectively, along with house-made graham cracker cookies. Roasting kits will be available free of charge to guests (USD 10 for non-guests) Thursday through Saturday nights at the Ciclo host stand. Those who prefer to cosy up indoors can recreate the quintessential experience in Live Oak, where a table-top version allows for a sweet ending to a delicious meal.
- Champagne Tastings – Guests can toast the season and learn more about sparkling wines during complimentary Champagne tastings in Ciclo, held each Saturday afternoon from November 27 to December 18, 2021. Sommelier Joe Pena shares his love for all things bubbly during these interactive tastings of Ruinart, Veuve Clicquot and other well-known Champagne houses, presented alongside Italy’s equivalent, Franciacorta, which he calls a “lesser-known but noteworthy equal to Champagne.”
- Festive Spa Treatments – Treating winter-ravaged skin to a little TLC is easy with two new winter-inspired treatments in The Spa, debuting November 29, 2021. Spa-goers have their choice of a repairing Peppermint Facial or a Fire & Ice Massage, which uses cooling wintergreen and hot stone therapy to harness the healing benefits of cold and heat.
- Cocoa Bombs – Hot chocolate bombs, the sweet sensation that captivated cocoa lovers around the world last year, will return in Live Oak from December 1, 2021 to January 10, 2022. Guests can watch in wonder as fresh steamed milk melts a house-made chocolate sphere, releasing the decadent cocoa and miniature marshmallows inside.
- After-Hours at The Spa – Whether as a unique party venue or an experiential gift for the person who has everything, After-Hours at The Spa offers an exclusive evening complete with one 80-minute treatment per guest, a visit from the Hotel's mobile Margarita Cart and private use of the entire Spa.
- Holiday Brunches and Dining – Expansive buffets, filled with traditional favourites and special holiday dishes, make Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's at the Hotel a culinary experience to remember. Full details are available on the Ciclo website, and advance reservations are encouraged as brunches typically sell out.
More details about seasonal activities, including a downloadable 2021 Winter Activity Guide, may be found on the Hotel’s Winter Holidays landing page. Guests may reserve the Austin Winter Getaway offer online or by calling Reservations at 512 478 4500.