Four Seasons Hotel Beirut
- 1418 Professor Wafic Sinno Avenue, 2020 4107 Minet El Hosn, Beirut, Lebanon
Regional Vice President and General Manager
Four Seasons Tenure
- Since 2005
- First Four Seasons Assignment: Hotel Manager, Four Seasons Hotel Amman
- Four Seasons Hotel Doha; Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok (formerly a Four Seasons hotel); Four Seasons Hotel Riyadh; Four Seasons Hotel Amman; Movenpick Hotel, Kuwait; Movenpick Hotel and Resort, Beirut; The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain; Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London; Le Victoria Resort, Mauritius; The Royal Abjar Hotel, Dubai; The Churchill InterContinental, London; Crown Plaza, Geneva; Intercontinental Hotel, Geneva; Intercontinental Hotel, Düsseldorf
- Saida, Lebanon
- Diploma in Hotel Management, Les Roches Hotel School, Switzerland; Certification in Hospitality Management (PDP) & General Managers Program (GMP) at Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- Arabic, English and French
Having distinguished himself at several Four Seasons hotels and resorts since 2005, Lebanese born Rami Sayess, also a British citizen, is returning home having left thirty years ago to embark on an exciting journey around the globe.
Sayess has worked in 15 countries and has travelled the world along with his wife and three children. Coming back to Lebanon has a special meaning to him for two reasons: "When my father suggested I enter hotel management, Lebanon was in the midst of a civil war and I, as a young 17 year old, did not see how hospitality could evolve in my country. However, my father said something to me that day and it still rings true today and inspired me to return home: 'by the time you graduate and earn experience in this industry, there will probably be peace in Lebanon and even a Four Seasons in Beirut that you could one day manage.' He was certainly a man of a vision and I am delighted to have the opportunity to make his vision a reality thirty years later."
Secondly, Four Seasons Hotel Beirut has been managed by a very professional and dedicated team making it the hotel of choice in Lebanon since it opened in 2010. "My job today is to work with my team to take this beautiful Hotel to the next level and ensure that it remains the number one address in the country when it comes to luxury hospitality."
In addition to his role as General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, Sayess also continues in the role of Regional Vice President overseeing several Four Seasons hotels and resorts in the Europe-Middle East-Africa region. "These are all great hotels managed by outstanding General Managers, but I do have a role to play in supporting and guiding them to achieve their goals and to make each of our hotels the number one address in every market in which we operate.
When not working, Sayess enjoys travelling with his family and introducing his children to as many new cultures as possible. As far as the future goes, he is, true to his word, taking it one step at a time. “As long as it is with Four Seasons, I’ll be happy,” he concludes.