Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora Announces Partnership with WiseOceans
As part of the partnership, WiseOceans has created a bespoke Marine Discovery Program for the Resort, led by marine biologist Louise Sabadel.
As the Resort’s marine biologist and educator, Sabadel will oversee day-to-day operations of the Marine Discovery Program. A native of France, Louise is a certified Divemaster and PADI freediver who is passionate about the ocean, and the marine organisms that call it their home. After obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Biology from Université Pierre et Marie Curie, in Paris, she went on to earn an International Master in Marine Biological Resources (IMBRSea) - Joint European Degree, during which she specialised in marine conservation. From there, she interned at the Bottlenose Dolphin Research Institute in O’Grove, Spain, and was a dive and snorkel guide at Cypréa Club in Valence, France. In 2019 Louise worked with Reefscapers, where, in partnership with Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, she participated in coral restoration projects, and in Marine Discovery Centre activities.
In addition to the scientific research Sabadel will perform in the Resort’s Lagoon Sanctuary, guests will be able to participate in a number of interactive experiences, including:
- Private Lagoon Discovery Snorkel - During this private guided snorkelling, guests will explore the breath-taking lagoon and coral garden. Here, they will interact with the reef and its inhabitants, while discovering the Resort’s lagoon conservation projects.
- Private Learn to Snorkel - With a shallow, sandy bottom, the Resort’s coral lagoon is the perfect place to discover the underwater world. Whether a non-swimmer, a first-time snorkeler, or someone just looking to refresh their skills, the marine biologist will accompany the guests into the water and help then gain confidence with their equipment and ability to snorkel.
- Complimentary Group Guided Snorkel - Suitable for all ages and abilities, guests will join the marine biologist and snorkel on an introductory group snorkel to discover the lagoon.
- Complimentary Ocean Conversations – Guests join the marine biologist for an engaging and informative talk to learn more about the wonders of the oceans, their inhabitants, and current conservation efforts.
- Complimentary Kids Activity: Life Under the Sea – Younger guests are invited to join the marine biologist for interactive games, crafts and learning activities. They will explore the seashore, be a marine biologist for the day, uncover amazing ocean facts, or even create their own turtle hatchling.
- Complimentary Kids Activity: Lagoon Explorers - This guided kid’s snorkel is ideal for gaining confidence in the water as well as practicing snorkelling skills. Lagoon Explorers will enable kids to discover the shallow area of the lagoon sanctuary and the wonderful marine life that lives there.
"Our partnership with WiseOceans speaks to the increased desire of our guests to truly connect with the unmatched geography and underwater world in Bora Bora,” says Diego Stembert, General Manager of Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora. “This bespoke program will offer our guests a wide array of recreational and learning activities, while contributing to our stewardship of the beautiful, yet delicate environment we are a part of.”
In celebration, the just-enhanced Resort is offering the Stay Longer – Fourth Night Free with Breakfast Package, which includes a complimentary fourth night in an overwater bungalow suite or beachfront villa estate and daily breakfast buffet. For reservations, book online, call 888 521 6648 or contact your travel professional (chain code FS).
Founded in 2011, WiseOceans is a marine conservation and education company that works globally to strive towards a future with healthier oceans. WiseOceans employs three core strategies: to engage, educate, and inspire. Specialists in providing bespoke marine discovery programs to resort partners and virtual marine education to children, WiseOceans are also leaders in advertising marine opportunities. Despite unprecedented times, the company continues to expand.