Director of Tennis
Four Seasons Tenure
- Originally since 1994, now since 2020
- First Four Seasons Assignment: Tennis Club and Spa Manager, Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, Thailand
- The American Club, Hong Kong; Tokyo Lawn Tennis Club, Japan; One&Only Le Saint Géran, Mauritius; The Club at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore; Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, Thailand; Hyatt Regency Macau; Cotton Bay Club, Bahamas; Tennis Club Revelois, France; Nick Bollettieri Tennis Camp, Florida; Club Med (France, Bahamas, Tunisia, Spain and Greece)
- Beziers, France
- Bachelor of Sales and Marketing, Lycée Jean Moulin Beziers, France; Tennis Coaching and Management, Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy, Florida
- English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin
“There is a great bond created between players on a tennis court,” says Eric Thorel, Director of Tennis at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora. “I love to build this connection with our guests, and take great pride in not only seeing them become better players, but also in the way we are all closer after our time together.”
Internationally experienced, Eric Thorel has run the tennis programs at some of the world’s top clubs and resorts. No stranger to Four Seasons, he has previously instructed at both Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai in Thailand and at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore. “I really enjoy the fact that many of our guests here in Bora Bora are couples, which allows for some really fun instruction and play on the court – honeymooners are always our most enthusiastic players!”
A former sergeant in the French Army, Thorel is recognised as a USPTA Elite Professional, and is a lifetime member of Peter Burwash International, the organisation managing the tennis program at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora.
When not working, Eric enjoys spending time with his wife Sunny, a personal trainer and yoga instructor, practicing a vegetarian lifestyle, and travel.