Four Seasons Hotel Casablanca
- Anfa Place Boulevard de la Corniche, Ain Diab, 20050 Casablanca, Morocco
Four Seasons Tenure
- Since 2018
- First Four Seasons Assignment: Current
- Kempinski Hotel Moika 22 Saint Petersburg, Russia; Trianon Palace, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel, Versailles, France; Restaurant Azimut, Courchevel, France; Restaurant L’Auberge de la Poutre, Bonlieu, France; Restaurant Le Bouchon Marseillais, Marseille, France; Restauærant La Table de Stephane, Cap d’Agde, France; Restaurant Chez Lameloise, Chagny, France; Restaurant Chez Jeunet, Arbois, France; Restaurant Le Royal Palace, Evian les Bains, France; Maison Edouard Hirsinger, Evian Les Bains, France; Maison Edouard Hirsinger, Arbois, France; Restaurant de Casino, Niederbronn Les Bains, France; Château de Rigny, Rigny, France
- Gray, Franche-Comté, France
- BTS Culinary Art at Lycée de Poligny (39) 2006; Restaurant Dessert Specialist at Lycée de Poligny (39) 2004; BAC Hospitality and Food and Beverage at Lycée de Poligny (39)
- French and English
“My mom always told me that ever since I was a little boy I loved to cook. Growing up in the countryside preparing apple pie with my grandmother or going to the forest to pick mushrooms with my grandfather, these were moments that defined my DNA today as a chef.“
In his role as Executive Chef of Four Seasons Hotel Casablanca, Christophe Laplaza uses his high-calibre culinary background to elevate the dining experience of the Hotel’s three restaurant outlets including signature restaurant Bleu, as well as overseeing the room service and catering division.
A French national, Laplaza followed the traditional culinary path with apprenticeships in various Hotel restaurants including several Michelin-starred and Toque Gault Millau certified restaurants. One his first defining experiences as a chef was at Azimut Restaurant in Courchevel, which earned its first Michelin star after six months of opening. This incredible achievement was all the more personal for Laplaza growing up in a country where Michelin was always considered the defining reference in the culinary world.
Prior to joining Four Seasons, Laplaza worked as head chef at the Trianon Palace, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Versailles, France. Speaking of his most cherished professional experience and the person who defined his outlook as a chef, Laplaza collaborated with Chef Simone Zanoni, now of Four Seasons Hotel George V, at the time in Trianon Palace Versailles, “Simone taught me how to really love and respect the products that we work with, going to the source and finding suppliers that are truly passionate.” Today, Laplaza is a firm believer in using natural ingredients and as a father of young child he wants to see the younger generation eating smarter.
At Trianon Palace Laplaza he was also part of the two-star Michelin Gordon Ramsay restaurant team, where he oversaw the main kitchen of La Veranda, the Hotel’s deluxe brasserie. Laplaza was able to witness Gordon Ramsay’s passion for the pursuit of excellence and attention to detail, standards that he holds in high regards until today.
His most recent tenure prior to joining Four Seasons was as executive chef of the Kempinski Hotel Moika 22 in Saint Petersburg Russia. There Laplaza oversaw nine dining outlets that covered the gamut of hotel dining experiences. Some of the highlights of his tenure included overseeing the catering of Russia’s leading ice hockey team for three seasons as well as the FC Zenith football team in 2017. This experience allowed him to gain valuable insight into improving food quality and cost control, as well as implementing new menus for a very diverse range of restaurants.
At the Kempinski Hotel Moika 22, Laplaza also encountered his most challenging experience. Russia during this period had faced an embargo that blocked all importations of food products, which forced Laplaza to review the hotel’s entire menu offering using only locally sourced products. Despite the difficult circumstances, the reputation of the hotel’s dining outlets remained intact thanks to patrons' loyalty.
On his downtime, Laplaza loves to travel and discover new cultures, fuelling his passion to discover new products and ingredients for his next chef d’oeuvre.