Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai
- Mae Rim-Samoeng Old Road, 50180 Mae Rim, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Four Seasons Tenure
- Since 2016
- First Four Seasons Assignment: General Manager, Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Hoi An, Vietnam
- Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Hoi An, Vietnam; The Nam Hai, General Hotel Management; La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa – MGallery by Sofitel, Hue, Vietnam; Life Heritage Resort Hoi An, Vietnam; The InterContinental Doha; Evason Ana Mandara, Six Senses Resorts & Spa, Nha Trang, Vietnam; One&Only Kanuhura, Maldives; Maimaison, Newcastle upon Tyne, England; Columbus Hotel Monte-Carlo, Monaco
- Newcastle upon Tyne, England
- HCIMA in Hospitality, Newcastle College, Newcastle upon Tyne, England
A county rugby captain until the age of 19, Anthony Gill has faced every new adventure head-on, and never shirked from a challenge. Largely inspired by his father – who, as one of 13 children, grew up with very little but still made a success of his life – Anthony thrives on hard work, high standards and unwavering respect.
Even before he was old enough to buy a beer in his native Newcastle upon Tyne, he was spending nights as a glass collector, carrying towers of pint pots through crowds of revellers. Lured by the industry’s hands-on approach, he took a foundation course in hospitality management aged 17 and was soon on a fast-track internship, finishing in the top two percent of his class.
Anthony’s flair for communications, guest experience and mixology took him from Monaco to the Maldives, before landing him in Vietnam in 2005, where he headed three hotels prior to joining The Nam Hai in 2012. At the helm of a successful transition to Four Seasons in 2016, Four Seasons Resort Nam Hai has since undergone a wonderful evolution, gaining global recognition.
After a rewarding stint in Vietnam, Anthony now has his eyes set on the “land of smiles,” joining Four Seasons Resorts Thailand as General Manager, Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai and Tented Camp Golden Triangle. “I am excited to discover the magic of Northern Thailand – the fabled welcome, deep-rooted culture, rich legacy - and to be able to bring our guests closer to that, in the Four Seasons way,” he shares, “It is clear that there is a depth of experience in Chiang Mai and the Tented Camp that is unique – something I feel very fortunate to be a part of.”
Away from the Resort, Anthony’s heart belongs firmly to his wife and sons. Relaxing with good music, friends and single malts, and exploring local restaurants are his favourite hobbies. The sporting spirit of his teens, though, is never too far from his mind: “I climbed Mount Meru in 2018 and am now preparing for Everest Base Camp,” he says, epitomising “The Toon” (a reference to his hometown's nickname) mentality at its best.