Four Seasons Hotel Chicago Partners with Chef Jonathon Sawyer to Open Adorn Bar & Restaurant, His First Chicago Restaurant
Four Seasons Hotel Chicago announces Adorn Bar & Restaurant, a new concept in collaboration with James Beard award-winning chef Jonathon Sawyer. Returning to his hometown to open his first Chicago restaurant, Adorn will make its debut with the unveiling of the iconic Hotel’s transformative renovation on October 1, 2020. A destination where guests and locals can revel in cultural immersion with inspired food, drink, art and music, Adorn will celebrate international culinary creativity starring local ingredients and a decidedly Midwestern perspective that offers a taste of what gives Chicago its unique vibrancy.
“American cuisine is incredibly diverse and my goal is to honour our cultural roots while also exploring new and innovative directions,” Chef Sawyer says. “My interpretation of New American cuisine is taking what’s classic and familiar and adorning it with unexpected ingredients and presentations that will surprise and delight diners.”
“Adorn, and our partnership with Jonathon Sawyer, will play an instrumental role as we usher in a new era and reimagine our Five-Star Hotel as a vibrant hub of culture, style and energy,” says Stephen Wancha, General Manager of Four Seasons Hotel Chicago. “Chef Sawyer brings personality and a worldwide perspective home to Chicago, and we are proud to collaborate with him to create memorable experiences that draw guests and locals in time and time again.”
Highlighting Sawyer’s close-to-home ingredient philosophy, the menu will offer globally-inspired cuisine rooted in the bounty of America’s Midwest. Dishes will draw on Chef Sawyer’s vast experiences, including time living in Italy and France and travelling to Japan and other culinarily-rich destinations. Opening with dinner service nightly, a preview of stand-out menu items includes:
- Broccoli and ricotta gnocchi with broccoli leaf pesto, basil, pine nuts, bread crumbs verde and hatch chili
- Peeled tomato tartlet with melted leeks, English cheddar and shallot
- Leche de tigre with scallops, rock shrimp, white fish, coconut, jicama and mezcal shooter
- Garlic butter poached sea whelks with lemon and herbed zhoug
- Nitro tempura mushroom, hen of the woods mushroom served with yuzu gribiche
- Crispy confit of chicken wings served with raw veggies and umami blue cheese
- Red wine and black truffle poutine made with Wisconsin cheese curd and proper French fries
- Bread and edible candle service made with aged beef suet and served with grilled Publican sourdough bread, seeded cracker and house pita
- Salt baked swordfish with hollandaise, pickled mustard seed and hasselback potato
- Lobster and spaghetti “Joe Beef style” made with fresh bucatini pasta, cognac butter and tomato sauce
- Picanha bistro steak with salsa verde, onion confit, little gem and French fries
- Triple cooked whole eggplant with za'atar toum garlic spread, chick peas, spinach and pine nuts
Located on the 7th floor of Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, Adorn Bar & Restaurant will showcase sweeping views of the Magnificent Mile and downtown skyline. With an all-new design led by Rottet Studio, patrons will be met by an atmosphere reminiscent of the city’s most elegant residences. Arrive to a living room styled lounge, innovative craft cocktail bar, and dining room united by soothing colours of white, beige and sea blue, bringing the lake view palette in. The dining room will have raised ceilings and 23-foot-tall (7 metre) windows, allowing abundant natural lighting to fill the space by day, and city lights by night. Varied seating encourages guests to share, order together, and get inspired by the surroundings.
From album sides and playlists by Chef Sawyer, to live performances by local legends and emerging acts, music programming in partnership with BELLOSOUND will deliver music that is expertly curated and reflective of Chicago’s diverse music scene. The effect is a lively, convivial vibe that is always beckoning to be discovered.
Adorn Bar & Restaurant is now taking dinner reservations for beginning October 1, 2020 with breakfast, lunch and brunch service to soon follow. The restaurant is located in the newly renovated Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, at 120 E Delaware Pl, Chicago, IL 60611. Reservations are recommended and can be made on OpenTable or by calling 1 312 280 8800.
Four Seasons is proud to introduce Lead With Care, and enhanced global health and safety program grounded in the principles of care, trust and service.
For more information, visit Adorn online.