The Highest Honour: Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley Awarded Forbes Five-Star Rating Again In 2024

The Calistoga resort set within a world-class vineyard continues to shine with its best-in-class rating by Forbes Travel Guide

February 7, 2024,
Napa Valley, U.S.A.

For the second year running, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley is honoured with the prestigious Forbes Five-Star rating, cementing its status as the leading luxury resort in Wine Country. Awarded by Forbes Travel Guide - the global authority on luxury hospitality - this accolade celebrates the Resort's dedication to exceeding expectations and delivering an unparalleled guest experience. Set within a lush vineyard, complete with a working winery, Michelin-starred dining, and a state-of-the-art spa, Four Seasons Napa Valley sets the standard for luxury and personalized service with genuine care. As the region's only Forbes Five-Star resort located within a vineyard, it invites guests to an exquisite Napa Valley escape, blending exceptional hospitality with the scenic beauty and abundant offerings of Calistoga's wine country.

Now in its 66th year, the Forbes Travel Guide stands as the oldest travel guide in the US. This prestigious award recognizes properties for their outstanding commitment to service excellence, assessed by undercover inspectors against nearly 900 stringent criteria, encompassing authentic guest experiences, sustainability, and relaxed luxury. Service quality contributes to 70% of a property’s rating, while the remaining 30% is determined by the condition of the property’s facilities.

"Receiving the Forbes Five-Star rating once again is a true honour that reflects the hard work and genuine heart of our entire team," says Robby Delaney, General Manager of Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley. "Our commitment to creating extraordinary experiences for our guests is at the core of everything we do, and this recognition motivates us to continue elevating the standards of luxury hospitality in Wine Country."

Located in the picturesque town of Calistoga, with just 85 villa rooms and suites and 20 residences set within a 4.7-acre (1.9 hectare) vineyard, Four Seasons Resort Napa Valley is both intimate and at one with the sprawling countryside, boasting an indoor-outdoor environment that overlooks panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and vineyards. The Resort encompasses three destination restaurants – the all-day dining TRUSS Restaurant + Bar,  the Michelin star fine dining concept Auro helmed by Executive Chef Rogelio Garcia, and the open-air Cal-Mexican poolside restaurant CAMPO - plus curated wine tastings at the on-site Elusa Winery, holistic wellness treatments at Spa Talisa, two outdoor pools, a hot tub, bocce ball court, fitness centre, the Kids For All Seasons program, Polestar house cars, and a collection of bespoke event spaces including an onsite event barn for meetings, weddings and other social gatherings. Open since 2021, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley offers a vacation experience of unlimited variety, and the highly personalized, anticipatory service that Four Seasons guests expect and value around the world.

To reserve a stay at Four Seasons Resort Napa Valley, call 707 709 2100, email or book online.

About Forbes Travel Guide

Forbes Travel Guide is the only global rating system for luxury hotels, restaurants and spas. Our anonymous professional inspectors evaluate based on hundreds of exacting standards, with an emphasis on exceptional service, to help discerning travellers select the world’s best experiences. The only way to get a Five-Star, Four-Star or Recommended rating is by earning it through our independent inspection process.



Krisztina Ilosfai
Director of Public Relations
400 Silverado Trail
Calistoga, 94515