President, Hotel Operations - Americas West
As President of Hotel Operations in the company’s largest region – a job he co-leads with Antoine Chahwan – Vince oversees the operations of more than 25 properties across the US West Coast, Hawaii and the Pacific Ocean Islands. As the region where Four Seasons began, Vince sees tremendous opportunity for continued growth in the Americas.
“Our product is outstanding, and yet we never stand still. We are always re-examining every detail of what we offer from our guest’s point of view – everything from the arrival experience to the restaurant menus, the quality of the bed linens and even where to put the light switches.”
Even more than the bricks and mortar, Vince passionately believes in the unique culture of Four Seasons, and the people who bring the Four Seasons experience to life in a thousand points of contact every day. The company has always placed priority on attracting the best talent and forging individual career paths. “As we grow our portfolio, we are in an excellent position because we have people who are ready to take leadership positions and ensure that every Four Seasons experience exceeds our guests’ expectations.”
Growth also results in global opportunities for all staff. “Early in my career, I did it all – I was a dishwasher, a bellman, a pool attendant, you name it. I believe that the opportunities we provide for our employees to work across operational areas and geographies expands their skills sets and creates a broader perspective on the hotel business. This deep and diverse experience is a huge advantage for Four Seasons.”
Affable and energetic, Vince is the type of person who comes to work early just because he can’t wait to get there. He recalls his first days on the job at Four Seasons in Chicago, where he had made the risky move of leaving a flourishing career with one company to start further back down the ladder at another. “I always had my eye on Four Seasons as an esteemed competitor, and when I thought I was ready, I went for it. Best career decision of my life.”
- At Four Seasons: Joined in 1999 as Director of Rooms at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago; promoted to Hotel Manager in Las Vegas and Resort Manager in Aviara, North San Diego before receiving his first General Manager appointment in 2007 in Jackson Hole. Moved to Scottsdale as General Manager in 2009, where he was also Regional Vice President, overseeing five additional hotels and resorts. Vince took on his current role in 2016.
- Previously: 15 years at Westin Hotels & Resorts
- Education: Hospitality Management at Canadore College in North Bay, Canada
- Proudest moments: “It’s always a thrill to tell someone they’ve been promoted. I’ve had the pleasure and honour of doing it many, many times in my career, and it never ceases to fuel my belief in the people of Four Seasons.”
- When it’s time to unplug: Vince, his wife Linda and children Anthony and Brittany head to the beach whenever they can. “Anywhere we can get in the water, hike and enjoy nature is our ideal vacation.”
- His other passion: Like many who grew up in Canada, he’s a die-hard hockey fan, having played, coached and cheered on his favourite team his entire life. He remains optimistic that he will see the Stanley Cup hoisted by his beloved Toronto Maple Leafs.