Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle, Thailand
- P.O. Box 18, Chiang Saen Post Office, Chiang Rai 57150, Thailand
Senior Director of Marketing
Four Seasons Tenure
- Since 1993
- First Four Seasons Assignment: Regent Kuala Lumpur (formerly a Four Seasons hotel)
- Six Senses Hotels & Resorts; Four Seasons Hotel Doha; Four Seasons Hotel Damascus (formerly a Four Seasons hotel); Four Seasons Hotel Sydney; Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Chinzan-So (formerly a Four Seasons hotel); Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai; Regent Kuala Lumpur (formerly a Four Seasons hotel); Sheraton Towers (now Langham) Melbourne; Ritz Hotel London
- Kuching (Borneo), Malaysia
- Portsmouth University, United Kingdom (BA Hons - Hotel Business Management) and Chartered Institute Marketing (CIM) Diploma
- English, Chinese (Hokkien), Bahasa Malaysia (conversational)
A veteran in sales and marketing, Julian Crane returns to Four Seasons now as Senior Director of Marketing of Four Seasons Resorts Thailand comprising Koh Samui, Chiang Mai and Golden Triangle. With an employment record that reads almost like a bucket list travel itinerary, he brings with him a wealth of experience in luxury sales and marketing across Australasia and Europe.
"It has been an incredible journey with Four Seasons that has now come full cycle, having been in Chiang Mai in the early part of my career,” he smiles.
Born in the exotic Malaysian province of Kuching in Borneo, Julian is passionate about the outdoors and has always embraced adventure and travel. Multi-lingual due to his cultural background, he has nurtured a willingness to explore his surroundings and with each new destination, has added to his repertoire of skills and expertise.
Starting out with in Kuala Lumpur in 1993, and further across to Tokyo, Sydney, Damascus and Doha among others, Julian brings a unique perspective to his new role at Four Seasons Resorts Thailand. He has a degree in Hotel Business Management from Portsmouth University in the UK and a Chartered Institute Marketing (CIM) Diploma in Marketing, both necessary tools for someone in his position. But in the modern environment, where marketing is about adaptability, it is his multi-faceted skill set and wealth of experience that are critical assets to Four Seasons.
Julian has also gathered significant experience beyond Four Seasons through stints with the Ritz London, Sheraton Towers in Melbourne and more recently, the Six Senses Resorts (Indian Ocean).
“I am excited to be back in Thailand and to be working with our three very special resorts," he remarks about his role.
When not at work, Julian is a true family man, spending quality time with his wife and two lovely daughters. A lover of the outdoors, his passions include water skiing, squash and golf. More recently, he has begun training in Muay Thai with custom-made gloves to suit his style. Expect nothing more than agility and a few nifty punches as he sets out to market three of the brand’s most coveted resorts in Asia Pacific.