Four Seasons Resorts Hawaii Introduces Experiences Created by the Resorts’ Master Craftspeople to Inspire Aloha at Home
Four Seasons Resorts Hawaii taps master craftspeople at each Resort to create a series of at-home experiences designed to transport guests to the islands. The five Hawaiian resorts across four islands invite guests to take a few minutes to reconnect with the inescapable feeling of aloha Hawaii instils. These experiences allow Four Seasons Resorts Hawaii to bring Hawaii into the homes of its guests, and inspire them to attain some of the many benefits of travel even from thousands of miles away.
At-Home Spa from Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, located on the Kona-Kohala coast of the Island of Hawaii, strives to provide a rich Hawaiian experience, for guests near and far, through the integration of cultural connections and use of hyper-local ingredients and products. The menu at Hualalai Spa is rooted in ancient Hawaiian traditions and utilises natural elements from the islands. With plentiful outdoor treatment rooms and relaxation gardens, spa treatments connect guests to Hawaii Island through all five senses. Hualalai Spa Director Cecilia Hercik was inspired by the Hualalai apothecary to create the at-home Niu (coconut) Bath Treatment. Hercik recommends lighting a few candles and playing Hawaiian music for a transformational experience.
- 1 spoonful coconut oil
- 12 ounces coconut water
- 12 ounces coconut milk
- 1 spoonful cocoa butter
- 1 spoonful cocoa powder
- 4 ounces sugar (white or brown)
- 4 ounces sea salt or epsom salt
- Lime wedge
- Scrub: Mix sugar, coconut oil and cocoa powder in a bowl to create a paste. Use this scrub to exfoliate knees and elbows once soaking.
- Bath: Fill the tub with warm water and add mineral salt and coconut milk. Soak and relax in the warm bath.
- Hydrate: Fill a glass of coconut water with a wedge of lime and keep it near the tub to enjoy while soaking.
- Moisturise: After the bath, massage the cocoa butter for smooth and soft skin.
Journaling and Meditation from Four Seasons Resorts Lanai
Four Seasons Resorts Lanai offers two distinct destinations on one island - beachfront Four Seasons Resort Lanai and newly-opened Sensei Lanai, A Four Seasons Resort, the first all-inclusive wellness retreat in the Four Seasons collection. The new partnership with Sensei Retreats introduces a fully customisable, science-based wellness program, including meals by Sensei by Nobu. The Sensei Way is an evidence-led approach to wellbeing, focusing on the pillars of move, nourish and rest. Journaling and meditation provide an opportunity for self-reflection, tracking patterns in health, monitoring learnings and acknowledging one’s feelings. Evidence indicates that the act of journaling can also contribute to improved mood, memory and perspective. The Sensei team has created a series of prompts to guide guests through their mindfulness journey, and recreate a piece of the restorative environment at the Retreat.
- What is my intention today?
- What does being well mean to me?
- How can I be more present in this moment?
- How do my current movement goals align with my overall wellbeing?
- How do my current nourishment goals align with my overall wellbeing?
- What impact would I like to have in this world?
A Healthy Treat from Four Seasons Resort Maui
Four Seasons Resort Maui, situated in the heart of the iconic Wailea coastline, was the first Resort in the Four Seasons collection and continues to provide a breadth of amenities and services beloved by many over three decades of operation. The culinary and wine culture is a cornerstone for the Resort and one of the many reasons guests return year after year. Four Seasons Maui Executive Chef Craig Dryhurst creates the Resort’s menus to ensure diversity, seasonality and inclusion of inspired wellness options, a personal passion for the 18-year Four Seasons veteran. When creating the Resort’s popular Wellness Your Way menu, Dryhurst adopted a plant-based diet for a few months to ensure he was making the most creative and delicious items possible. Chef Dryhurst believes wellness cuisine should taste rich and flavourful - and with that mantra in mind, he developed a plethora of decadent, healthy desserts including the guest-favourite Chocolate Avocado Mousse.
- 4 ripe avocadoes
- 8 ounces organic maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- Chocolate shavings (for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in the blender, and blend until smooth and silky. Check sweetness at the end and adjust if necessary.
- Portion out into containers and layer with five raspberries in each.
- Top with chocolate shavings and a few more raspberries, and finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
A Cocktail from Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina
Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina is perched on the shoreline of the west side of Oahu and offers a gateway to an undiscovered part of the island for many guests. The Resort’s distinctive #FSWayfinders program aims to connect guests with hand-selected local artisans, cultural practitioners and musicians who curate exclusive experiences showcasing the unique characteristics of Oahu. At Mina’s Fish House, the island’s acclaimed restaurant by celebrity chef Michael Mina, the master mixologist team considers it their kuleana (responsibility) to share their island home with every guest who sits at the bar. The Tranquilizer, a cocktail created to incite the tastes and smells of Hawaii, is one of the team’s favourite libations on the menu.
- 1 fifth Del Maguey Vida mezcal
- 1 fifth Espolon tequila
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce banana puree
- Kiwi (for garnish)
- Add all ingredients to a mixing tin.
- Add ice and shake.
- Double strain into a collins or pilsner glass.
- Add pebbled ice.
- Garnish with a kiwi wheel, edible butterfly, and two pineapple fronds.
Find Out More
Four Seasons Resorts Hawaii regularly shares more ways to bring Hawaii into the home of its guests on Instagram at @FSHualalai, @FSLanai, @FSMaui and @FSOahu. For more information, visit the collection online or call 1 800 819 5053.
Hawaii by Four Seasons