Fortune, Fun and Festivities to Welcome the Year of the Pig at Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai
Celebrate Tet Lunar New Year at The Nam Hai
On February 4, 2019, Vietnam will celebrate Tet - the beginning of a new lunar year and the arrival of spring. The colourful festivities will be in full force at Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Hoi An, Vietnam where delicious feasts, live entertainment, artisan crafts, and exclusive Tet spa treatments welcome the Year of the Earth Pig – the last sign in the Vietnamese animal zodiac (and one of five types of Pig, linked to the five elements): symbol of positivity and prosperity, success, good nature and carefree fun.
Tet celebrations span the entire week. The Vietnamese practise traditional rituals, worshipping ancestors, cleaning the home, and preparing food for the celebrations ahead. Incense burns night and day at pagodas and temples, as locals present offerings for a year of health, wealth and happiness.
What to Expect at Arrival
Arrive at The Nam Hai to lavish floral displays including a special installation or memorable Tet photos. Believed to bring good fortune, prepare for a swathe of yellow and red blooms alongside daisies, sunflowers, kumquats and apricots: symbolic of spring, new beginnings, good health and happiness. Traditional lanterns will light the way after dark in spectacular Hoi An style.
Dining Delights with a Tet Twist
Experience a week of creative, immersive feasts to celebrate Tet in style:
- February 4: Bid farewell to the outgoing year with a spectacular Lion Dance Management Cocktail Reception at 6:00 pm, followed by a Seafood Feast at Cafe Nam Hai.
- February 5: Tet is a time for unity – and nothing brings the family together like La Sen’s Hot Pot Night. Enjoy alongside Tet treats and live local jazz at The Bar.
- February 7: Street Food Night at La Sen: a celebration of street food specialities from bánh bao (steamed buns) to bún bò Hue (spicy noodle broth) and whole suckling pig.
- February 8: Join other guests in the sultry surrounds of The Bar for a spectacular night of live jazz.
- February 9: A belly-busting Off the Skewer Night at Cafe Nam Hai of wagyu ribs, New Zealand lamb chops, spectacular salads and much more.
The Year of the Pig at The Heart of the Earth Spa
Mark February 5, 2019 – the first day of the new year – with two enlightening sessions that capture the Earth Pig’s honest nature, positive spirit, strong communication skills, and carefree optimism at The Heart of the Earth Spa:
- Kundalini Yoga for Strength and Confidence (8:00 am; 60 minutes; VND 500,000)
Channel the social, relationship-building characteristics of the Pig by stimulating the base chakra to enhance confidence, encouraging a stronger connection to yourself and others.
- Third Eye Meditation (4:00 pm; 45 minutes; complimentary)
Begin the year with a deeper inner wisdom. Discover intuition-opening techniques to help balance emotion and bring clarity to relationships, recognising love as the foundation of all.
In addition, experience a limited edition TET Earth Element Bodywork treatment between February 1 and 10, 2019 (90 minutes; VND 4,000,000). Designed to strengthen one’s connection to the Earth, this unique treatment grounds, cleanses and refreshes, removing negative energy and fatigue. Revitalise the skin with Nha Trang natural salt, lemon peel and mint, then stabilise and nourish the body with sandalwood, cedarwood and grapefruit oil to capture the Earth Pig’s gentle and warm spirit.
And This Little Piggy Went to the Kids' Club!
There’s lots lined up for little piglets too, as Chuon Chuon Kids' Club presents a series of arts and craft sessions filled with felt making, ceramics and customised cards, all inspired by the Year of the Pig. The fun culminates in a new year party on February 5, 2019 (3:00-5:00 pm), filled with themed balloons and traditional li xi (“lucky money”), tasty treats, a treasure hunt, and piggy bank to take home.
Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Hoi An, Vietnam