Five Ways to Keep Cool at the Nam Hai
At the peak of summer in Vietnam when days are balmy and hot, Four Seasons Resort Hoi An has plenty of ways to keep guests cool, not least direct access to one of the country’s best beaches for a rejuvenating dip in the East Sea… Here are some of the Resort’s alternative ideas for taking the heat off:
1. Seek out the cooling sanctuary of The Nam Hai’s 4,500 palm trees, offering beautiful dappled shade across the vast gardens. Don’t miss the weekly Hái Dừa – Coconut Experience – when the resident coconut master demonstrates his climbing skills and shares the secrets of this super-hydrating nut.
2. Glide across the Resort’s wide East Sea frontage with complimentary non-motorised water sports. Learn the basic techniques of Stand Up Paddle Boarding with expert instructors or catch a cooling breeze during a guided Windsurfing Introduction. Motorised water sports are also available.
3. Quench your thirst with liquid libations on a canopied day bed at The Beach Bar where cooling classics are given local market twists including pho syrup, lime juice, basil leaves and coconut. Or beckon The Bar’s Gin & Tonic Trolley for flavourful concoctions featuring fresh ingredients from the onsite farm.
4. Don your complimentary Vietnamese conical hat – perfect for keeping the sun off your face – and make your way to the heart of The Nam Hai where three tiers of infinity pools cascade to the sea. After a refreshing swim, enjoy treats like icy grapes and ice-cream bon-bons alongside poolside pitchers.
5. Pay tribute to tradition with a beautiful silk hand fan: one you’ve created yourself at the Resort’s daily cultural crafts session. In addition to making your own fan, take respite from the heat each afternoon embroidering a conical hat, learning the art of calligraphy, or crafting a silk lantern or flower.
Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Hoi An, Vietnam