Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Recreates Hawaiian Summer Vacation at Home
Celebrate Summer Solstice, long days and sunny weather at home, inspired by Hualalai’s favourite characters
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai taps Resort craftspeople to recreate beloved Hawaiian summer experiences at home. During this time of pause in travel, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai encourages guests to reconnect with each other and create new memories while keeping their aloha spirit alive. Summer is a vibrant season at Hualalai, filled with family connections, abundant activities, and taking advantage of Hawaii’s outdoor lifestyle. Hualalai’s experts share recipes, tips, and music from the island to transport guests to Kona from wherever in the world they may be.
Executive Chef Thomas Bellec’s favourite part about summer at Hualalai is guiding families though exploring new flavours and ingredients from the island. One of his most requested dishes from the famed 4th of July BBQ is his Summer Tomato, Grilled Peach and Basil Salad.
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Kona sea salt and fresh crack pepper to taste
- 1 lb. heirloom tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb. yellow peaches or nectarines
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. fresh basil leaves
- 2 oz. fresh feta, broken into pieces or goat cheese
In small bowl, combine onion and vinegar with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let sit 5 minutes.
Cut tomatoes and peaches into wedges and grill peaches on a very hot grill, cool down and arrange on platter with tomatoes.
Stir oil into onion mixture and spoon over fruit, then sprinkle with basil, feta, and cracked black pepper.
Live from Hualalai, the Resort’s series of live videos broadcasted from Hawaii Island, continues throughout the summer with interactive experiences from the Hualalai ohana (family). The series showcases chefs, marine biologists, artisans, and experts highlighting engaging and entertaining tips and tricks for bringing Hualalai home. The full schedule can be found below and details for upcoming Live From Hualalai segments can be found here. Past broadcasts are saved to the Resort’s Instagram and Facebook pages, and include a family-friendly Coconut Tapioca Pudding cooking demonstration with a build-your-own toppings bar by Executive Sous Chef Kalani Garcia.
- Saturday, June 20 at 10:00 am HST: Mark Ley, Director of Marketing, teaches an art class to express creativity while spending time at home.
- Tuesday, June 23 at 9:00 am HST: Nicky Tachibana and Kelsey Makida, Marine Biologists, host an entertaining fishing derby at the Resort's Waiakauhi Pond.
- Tuesday, June 30 at 9:00 am HST: Jake Belveal, Head Golf Professional, shares tips and tricks to keep guests' golf game strong.
Four Seasons Resorts Hawaii recently launched a Spotify channel with distinct playlists from each of the four islands where Four Seasons resorts are located. The playlists are updated regularly and feature artists from each island as well as songs beloved at the five Hawaiian Resorts. Guests are encouraged to explore the playlists and enjoy the soothing tunes designed to spark memories of Hawaii. More information on the Hawaii by Four Seasons Spotify playlists can be found here.
Jenna Gillis, Director of Sales, is a part of many special occasions that take place at the Resort among families. At Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Jenna and her team ensure birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, and other celebrations are infused with aloha down to the last detail. She encourages guests to bring the whole family into creating a dining experience that feels special even while at home. Some of her tips on how to create a Hawaiian-inspired table setting include:
- Use fresh produce in varying sized bowls as the table centrepiece. Select multi-coloured produce and task kids with creating bright and edible table décor.
- Create an art project for kids where they decorate the placemats for the meal. Invite them to be inspired by their memories of Hawaii in designing these unique pieces.
- Forage for flowers and foliage around the house. Kids use their imagination to create bouquets or leis to contribute to the ambiance of the meal