Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Announces Chef in Residence and Winemaker in Residence Series 2022
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, the recently renovated Five-Star, Five-Diamond Resort on Hawaii Island, announces a diverse lineup of chefs and culinary activations for the second year of the Chef in Residence program. In 2022, the Resort will also introduce a Winemaker in Residence series, featuring award-winning winemakers sharing a range of vintages paired with carefully crafted menus. Chef in Residence will feature an accolated guest chef each month from throughout the country, showcasing their unique culinary approach and use of Hawaii’s bountiful ingredients through their lens. A variety of guest chefs were selected, representing a multitude of culinary perspectives and global experiences.
Hualalai’s Chef in Residence is a weekend program with intimate cooking classes and a special menu from the featured chef at the Resort’s signature restaurant, ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge. Each interactive cooking class will showcase a signature dish from the chef’s repertoire using locally sourced ingredients. Winemaker in Residence features two wine tastings, including the winemaker’s hand-selected favourite wines and the latest vintages, and a dinner menu by Executive Chef Richard Polhemus created to highlight the wine.
Chef in Residence featured guest chefs and dates include:
Greg Brewer, Founder and winemaker at Brewer Clifton Winery, Napa, California
- January 7-8, 2022
- Winemaker of the Year by Wine Enthusiast Magazine's 2020 Wine Star Awards
Lee Anne Wong, Chef/partner at Koko Head Cafe, Honolulu; Pioneer Inn, Lahaina, Hawaii
- June 17-18, 2022
- Top Chef finalist, Top Chef Masters participant, Iron Chef winner, and Chopped judge
Charles Phan, Chef/owner of Slated Door, Out the Door, OTD, and Hard Water, San Francisco; Rice & Bones, Oaklan , California
- May 13-14, 2022
- Two-time James Beard Award winner, Iron Chef participant, featured on How to Cook Everything, and author of IACP award winning cookbooks Vietnamese Home Cooking and The Slanted Door
Suzanne Goin, Chef/owner of AOC and Larder Baking Company, Los Angeles, California
- August 19-20, 2022
- Four-time James Beard Award winner, featured on Chef Story, featured on How to Cook Everything, and author of award winning cookbook Sunday Suppers at Lucques
Richard Blais, owner and operator of Trail Blais, San Diego, California
- November 18-19, 2022
- Top Chef All-Star winner, Top Chef and Master Chef judge
Chef in Residence and Winemaker in Residence weekend schedule (times subject to change) includes:
- Friday from 3:00-5:00 pm: Cooking class featuring signature dish or wine tasting
- Saturday from 3:00-5:00 pm: Cooking class featuring signature dish or wine tasting
- Saturday from 5:30-8:30 pm: Special dinner at ULU Ocean Grill
For more information on the Chef in Residence series at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai or to make a reservation, visit the Resort's website or call 808 325 8000.