Indulge in an Island Romance This February at Four Seasons Resort Lanai
If a perfect romantic escape includes privacy, natural beauty, pampering and a gorgeous setting then look no further than the Hawaiian island of Lanai. Four Seasons Resort Lanai is a sophisticated gateway offering luxury and comfort, elegant dining and an array of activities, from relaxing on the beach to sailing, a game of golf and tennis or exhilarating rides on UTVs or horseback on a 90,000-acre (36,000 hectare) secluded island.
This February, celebrate aloha (love) all month long with these special experiences:
The Resort’s luxury spa suite experience pays homage to the iconic Lanai landmark Puupehe, or Sweetheart Rock, overlooking the Hulopoe Bay marine reserve and Pacific Ocean. The first half hour of the experience starts with the Salts of the Earth body scrub, which is followed by an aromatic, hydrating and grounding 90-minute Oceanic Stone Lomi Lomi Massage tailored to guest preferences, as well as scalp and foot masks for top-to-toe relaxation. Enjoy in one of the gorgeous couple's suites at the Hawanawana Spa. Follow it up with a hike to Puupehe to welcome the sunrise or sunset together – on a clear day gaze upon Maui, Kahoolawe and even Oahu. Sweetheart Rocks is USD 830 for two, 120 minutes total.
Two is definitely better than one at Hawanawana Spa in February 2019. Bring a friend or family member along to the Spa and both guests will receive 20 percent off their individual treatments. Perfect for couples or simply pals celebrating the bonds of friendship, choose from a menu of luxurious and pampering facials, rejuvenating massages or signature treatments such as the Lanai Tai Scrub featuring exclusive pineapple and sugar body products or the Ti Leaf Relief Wrap. A number of treatments include a choice of complimentary enhancements, so each experience is even more nourishing and special.
Dine Under the Stars
For those seeking the ultimate in privacy, why not book a table for two under the stars? The dining experience begins as guests are escorted to a secluded oceanfront location, complete with dazzling sunset views overlooking Hulopoe Bay, deemed one of the most beautiful beaches in Hawaii. Enjoy a personalised five-course menu and wine pairing created especially for two following a consultation with chef the day prior. Watch the evening stars over dessert and coffee – there’s no rush, the table is booked for the evening. Enhance the evening with customized music playlist, solo musician or a hula dancer. Dining Under the Stars starts at USD 995 per couple.
For an action-filled escape, Discover Lanai and receive a daily activity credit of USD 200 per room (USD 400 per suite) and choose from a variety of exciting land and ocean experiences. Rates start at USD 1,150 per night for two people.
Fall in love again with even more adventures:
- Tour a charming plantation town in a beautiful private carriage drawn by Shire draught horses. The one-hour ride begins in Lanai City and ends at Lanai Ranch at Koele, a favourite spot to watch gorgeous sunsets.
- Cherish one’s wedding and a shared life together in a special Vow Renewal celebration.
- Head out to the Manele Golf Course after 3:00 pm for Sunset Nine. Grab a putter or go along for the ride and check out the most scenic (we think!) nine holes in the world, then enjoy a cocktail together.
- Jump in a 4x4 Jeep Rental and head to Halepalaoa Beach on the eastern side of the island. Named for the whales that once washed ashore there, this golden sandy beach is a quiet place to relax, sunbathe and swim – often with nary another beachcomber in sight. Pack a picnic and enjoy a day together lounging in secluded bliss.
- Capture the moment in canvas and commission a sketch or painting by local artist Mike Carroll. Mike moved from Chicago to Lanai to pursue his life-long passion for art and nature and his original oil paintings and prints celebrate Hawai‘i. Couples can share a favourite romantic spot or send in a photo to commemorate their visit and take home a unique remembrance of a special time together.
Four Seasons Resort Lanai