Stay, Play, Vacay! School-cations by Four Seasons Resort Langkawi
With summer holidays around the corner, Four Seasons Resort Langkawi has launched a new School-cation Offer that is ideal for family-oriented escapes. Featuring a revolving schedule of kids’ activities from April to December 2021, the dynamic beachfront retreat combines playtime with experiential learning.
“Young guests aren’t an afterthought at our Resort, they’re VIPs in their own right,” explains General Manager David Macklin. “Our team has curated a fantastic line-up of activities that allows kids to connect with nature, pick up new skills and broaden their horizons – all while having loads of fun. Now, more than ever, we believe vacations should be joyful as well as meaningful.”
Spectacular Nature Meets Four Seasons Luxury
Located a one-hour flight from Kuala Lumpur, the island of Langkawi is wonderfully accessible, while also giving guests the chance to experience one of the most fascinating ecosystems on the planet. Nestled among ancient rainforests, mysterious mangroves and the sparkling Andaman Sea, Four Seasons Resort Langkawi feels like a secret world, just steps from the UNESCO-recognised Kilim Karst Geopark.
The sprawling grounds are inhabited by all manner of wildlife, from flying squirrels and mischievous monkeys to exotic hornbills and majestic kites. As David notes with a smile, “Watch the kids’ faces light up with wonder as they meet our non-human residents. There’s really no better way to learn about the environment than by interacting with it.” At the Geopark Discovery Centre, the Resort’s naturalists will happily show young explorers around and explain the importance of conservation, highlighting little ways to make a big difference.
As they immerse in the pristine natural setting, guests can rest assured of the highest standards of care and safety. Luxurious accommodations and world-class amenities make each stay incredibly comfortable, with hallmark Four Seasons service to personalise the experience.
Designed for kids between the ages of 5 and 12 years, the Resort’s School-cation program encourages young guests to appreciate the gifts of nature and learn about local culture. Activities are conducted in groups of five, under the supervision of experienced Four Seasons guides. As the children embark on a journey of discovery and learning, parents are invited to savour some quiet time – perhaps sip cocktails by the waves, or get a rejuvenating massage at the Geo Spa?
For a half day, every day, enjoy any three School-cation activities along with a special lunch, priced at MYR 260. Active play channels the kids’ excess energy in a healthy way, while a creative approach allows young imaginations to take flight.
- Itty Bitty Fisherman. Hosted at the Resort’s eco-friendly Rumah Ikan Fish House, this activity introduces kids to traditional methods of fishing practiced on the island with a hands-on tutorial. Young guests will discover different types of marine life and learn the importance of protecting the marine ecosystem through sustainable practices.
- Resort Makan Angin/Around the Resort. Calling young explorers! Discover the lush botanical gardens of the Resort with a guided walking tour, followed by a fun bike ride. Kids can spot different types of plants and animals along the way, including Michael (dusky leaf monkey) and his family. At the interactive Geopark Discovery Centre, naturalists teach visitors about Langkawi’s diverse habitats – from rainforests and mangroves, to caves and sea stacks.
- Kiddie Spa. Who says wellbeing is only for grown-ups? It’s never too early to practice self-care. This activity begins with a kiddie manicure, followed by a simple lesson in neck and shoulder massage. Young guests also learn to make their very own all-natural scrub with Che Wan, the Spa Manager.
- Kanak-Kanak Chef/Young Chef. Not only is cooking an essential life skill but also the pathway to becoming a more mindful eater. At this interactive cooking lesson, kids join a friendly Four Seasons Chef to make sandwiches and bake treats with skills and recipes to take home.
- Little Picasso. Held at Lutong Kids Club, this session features a variety of arts and crafts to fuel creativity – drawing, painting, crafting, sculpting and building. Young artists can learn new techniques and enjoy the pure happiness of creating something unique with their own hands.
- Main-Main/Pool Playtime. Splash into the island spirit with a fun-filled session in the water. The sprawling Family Pool features four swimming pools, suitable for all age-groups. Little ones can play to their heart’s delight in the shallow area, while older kids can join a swimming workout amid waterfalls and underwater jets.
The School-cation Offer is available until December 2021. To plan a memorable family getaway at Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, contact the team via Four Seasons Chat.
Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia