Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia
- Jalan Tanjung Rhu, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah Darul Aman, Malaysia
Four Seasons Tenure
- Since 2005
- First Four Seasons Assignment: Executive Sous Chef, Four Seasons Hotel Beijing
- Four Seasons Hotel Beijing; Mandarin Oriental Hotel and Executive Aparments, Pudong, Shanghai; Rasoi by Vineet, Mandarin Oriental, Geneva; The Oberoi Hotel, New Delhi
- Post Graduate Diploma in Kitchen Management from The Oberoi Centre of Learning & Development, India; Bachelors’ in Business Administration from Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad, India; Diploma in Hotel Management from Institute of Hotel Management, Aurangabad, India and The Taj Group of Hotels, Resorts and Palaces
- English, Hindi, Marathi and French
Chef Sandeep Bhagwat brings a fresh gastronomic perspective and an innovative approach to the acclaimed luxury resort of Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, focusing on sustainable cuisine to elevate the epicurean experience. He oversees the culinary operations of the 91-room Resort, including three distinct restaurants and one lounge comprising of the signature Malaysian restaurant Ikan-Ikan, as well as Serai featuring Italian and Mediterranean cuisine, the toes-in-the-sand beach restaurant Kelapa Grill, and the ever-popular Rhu Bar. He also oversees the Resort’s in-villa dining, banquets, catering and special events ranging from intimate gatherings to large incentive programs.
Born in Tanzania, Sandeep brings more than a decade of culinary experience. He joined Langkawi most recently from Four Seasons Hotel Beijing where he held the position of Executive Sous Chef. During his tenure, he was responsible for supporting the Executive Chef with the extensive culinary operations of the 313-room hotel, six restaurants and lounges, and extensive banquet and catering spaces. Prior to his assignment in Beijin,; Sandeep worked with The Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group in Shanghai and Geneva and earlier to that with The Oberoi Hotels & Resorts at various locations in India.
At the age of 28 years, he headed the Rasoi by Vineet restaurant at the Mandarin Oriental, Geneva. The restaurant during his tenure as a head chef had the coveted Michelin Star and 16/20 points in the Gault Milau guide. He has been on varied assignments and undertaken gourmet promotions in Hong Kong, Mauritius, Singapore and many locations in Europe.
“Malaysia has a great culture and Langkawi has it all! As a young cook in 2004 Malaysia was the country that I visited first to study the food culture here, now it has presented me the same opportunity and I am excited for this assignment as it holds so many wonderful memories for me,” says Chef Sandeep.