Top 10 Reasons to Visit Langkawi, by Four Seasons
Read, set, travel! It’s time for Langkawi
Just an hour’s flight from Kuala Lumpur, this vibrant island deserves a place at the top of any travel list, whether planning a family vacation, romantic escape or celebration with friends.
From thrilling adventure to indulgent relaxation, Langkawi opens doors to a series of memorable experiences. Four Seasons Resort Langkawi is delighted to introduce its Top 10 Reasons to Visit Langkawi, handpicked by the Concierge team.
With a mile-long beach and lush tropical surrounds, Four Seasons provides a vast open-air playground for adults and kids alike. Immerse in the wonders of nature and explore a fascinating new culture, with experts on hand to make each moment enjoyable. Guest experiences are tailored by a team of talented chefs, spa therapists and adventure specialists.
The oceanfront property is framed by spectacular views, from sparkling seascapes and ivory sands to limestone cliffs and vivid gardens. This scenic beauty soothes the spirit, renews energy, and brings loved ones closer together. Return home with precious memories (and photographs!) that will make you smile for years to come.
Discover the best of the island with Top 10 Reasons to Visit Langkawi by Four Seasons.
- Mangroves & Eagles Safari. Hop into a boat to explore mysterious mangrove jungles between land and sea. Visitors of all ages will be fascinated by the inhabitants of Kilim Karst Geoforest Park, including eagles, monkeys and fish that “walk.” Back at the Resort, visit the Geopark Discovery Centre to learn about Langkawi’s diverse habitats – rainforests, mangroves, sea stacks and saltwater lakes.
- Rumah Ikan Fish House. At the far end of the Resort’s pristine beach, time stands still. Spend the afternoon at a traditional fish house on stilts, suspended above the waves, where you will experience old-school methods of fishing. Don’t forget to take a sunset selfie together!
- Lesang Batu Cooking School. Put on your chef’s hats to learn Malaysian cooking, an aromatic journey that combines flavours from Malaysia, China and India. Sample local ingredients and discover traditional cooking techniques with world-class chefs. Participants are invited to enjoy their meal together at the end, with or without wine.
- Rock Climbing & Archery. A 12-metre (39 foot) natural limestone outcrop at the Resort provides the perfect spot for rock-climbing and abseiling. Kids as young as five can happily scramble up and down up to a height of 5 metres (16 feet), under the guidance of experienced staff. Teens can also head to the archery range.
- Elemental Balance at Geo Spa. Rebalance and renew at Geo Spa, with treatments that draw on Ayurvedic philosophy as well as the ancient energies of the UNESCO Geopark. Identify personal imbalances and restore inner harmony with wellness rituals tailored to different elements – air, fire, earth and water.
- Jalan Jalan Nature Walk. Wander the sprawling Four Seasons grounds with a naturalist. Learn about the tropical flora, and meet the Resort’s other residents – wide-eyed dusky leaf monkeys, iconic hornbills and shy monitor lizards.
- Bespoke Staycation. Experience island living at its most luxurious in our five-bedroom Imperial Villa, this palatial waterfront residence is framed by dramatic limestone cliffs and is just steps from the Andaman Sea. Located on a secluded crescent of white sandy beach that sweeps down to meet the sea and spread across 4810 square metres (51,774 square feet) of indoor-outdoor space, with two private pools and five airy bedrooms arrayed across multiple pavilions, this villa offers an exhilarating sense of space and possibility.
- Romantic Seaside Dinner. Elevate date night with an evening of candlelit enchantment at the aptly-named Love Beach. Savour a tantalszing feast with your loved one under the star-studded sky, serenaded by waves and whispering palms.
- Sunset Beach Picnic. Leave the world behind to spend some quality time with loved ones. Blankets on the soft sand, a basket of delicious goodies, golden sunset views - this picnic promises to be a delight for couples as well as families.
- Water Sports. Borrow kayaks, windsurfs or catamarans and get out on the water for a splashy, refreshing adventure.
Enhanced Health & Safety
The brand’s Lead with Care program provides travellers with all the comfort and reassurance they need for a safe holiday. With enhanced health and safety protocols in place, the Four Seasons team is committed to ensuring the highest standards of care without compromising the quality of the guest experience.
Kuala Lumpur, 50450
Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia