Four Seasons Resort and Residences Los Cabos at Costa Palmas Launches Camp Verano, a Luxury-Meets-Adventure Summer Camp Program for Adults
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Los Cabos at Costa Palmas introduces a private summer camp for adults, Camp Verano, available this summer from Memorial Day through Labour Day. Inspired by the unadulterated joy, freedom and fun synonymous with summer camp for children and the East Cape’s history of thrill-seeking and exploration, Camp Verano combines exhilarating adventure with meaningful physical activity and blissful relaxation in a refined setting for a soul-salving getaway designed to reset the mind, body and spirit.
Situated on the less-travelled side of Los Cabos, the East Cape’s longstanding history of discovery and adventure dates back to the 1940s when acclaimed author John Steinbeck explored the then-mysterious gulf between Baja California and mainland Mexico for his prolific travel and science diary, The Log from the Sea of Cortez. By the mid-1950s, the East Cape had become a hidden-in-plain-sight playground for California celebrities and Texas fisherman who came seeking the infinite landscape and limitless possibilities for untapped exploration.
Camp Verano harnesses the region’s storied history to create a modern-day luxury escape for adults that is rooted in the playful programming and heart-fulfilling fun associated with traditional summer camps. The five-day program includes the following:
- Day One: Kick off the week by off-roading through desert dunes at sunset and explore miles of stunning coastline that make the East Cape so singular.
- Day Two: Hop aboard a boat from the convenience of the Resort’s private marina and head to Cabo Pulmo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site just 45 minutes away. This special tour for snorkelers and divers of all levels includes a full day of underwater exploration in what Jacques Cousteau called "the aquarium of the world.” Discover the oldest of only three coral reefs on the west coast of North America, known for its hundreds of schooling jacks and mobula rays, sea lions, turtles, whales and resident bull sharks.
- Day Three: Hike to the top of nearby Flat Rock for stunning aerial views of the East Cape and a breath-taking 30-minute HIIT class. Back at the Resort, unwind at Oasis Spa with the Oasis Signature Massage, a healing treatment that uses an indigenous technique that combines energetic stones and local herbs that create a sense of inner stillness and equilibrium from head to toe.
- Day Four: Explore nearby Santiago and hike to the majestic Sol de Mayo waterfall and natural water slides where fresh water cascades over granite boulders. Share memories made throughout the week over a private beachside taco feast created by Chef Maritza Cortes, who uses old family recipes, and an unforgettable agave tasting designed by in-house Maestro de Tequilero y Mezcalero Ricardo Robles.
- Day Five: Adventuring can be exhausting. Recharge at one of the Resort’s six pools, or on the two-mile (3,200 metre) stretch of swimmable beach before saying adios to Camp Verano.
“The region has a storied history for being a great escape, especially in the summer time,” says Borja Manchado, General Manager of Four Seasons Resort Los Cabos at Costa Palmas. “It’s a retreat for adventure and relaxation where real magic fills the air - Camp Verano is a continuation and celebration of that magic for all those who seek it.”
Campers with children ages four and up may take advantage of daily child care at Kids For All Seasons, a kids club with programming seven days per week. Private child care is also available seven days a week, 24-hours per day.
Rates start at USD 6,000 per person and do not include tax or service fees. Food and beverage are not included with exception to the private farewell dinner. Some blackout dates may apply. For reservations, email email@example.com.
Four Seasons Resort Los Cabos at Costa Palmas