Healing Waters Menu at The Island Spa
Delve deeper into the healing benefits of the ocean
“For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it’s always our self we find in the sea.” - EE Cummings
The Island Spa at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa offers a Healing Waters spa menu, an innovative three-tier concept that helps guests restore their primal connection to the sea and reconnect with the essence of their true self.
Pioneering marine-based OSEA therapies and rituals draw on the healing properties of the ocean – from sea oxygen and sea salt to wild-harvested seaweed and nutrient-rich sea algae – via three depths of treatment experience to refresh, rebalance and rejuvenate:
- Deep: Incredibly effective treatments designed to have deep therapeutic impact in the minimum amount of time to take you closer to you
- Deeper: Exploratory experiences that draw on the essence of the ocean to restore a sense of harmony, ease and deeper reconnection to your true self
- Deepest: Immersive journeys to support physical, mental and emotional wellbeing at the deepest level, leaving your entire being riding on the crest of a wave
The star of the show, seaweed, is featured as seven different organic types (including gigartina, undaria and macrocystis) in powder, whole leaf and extract form, all hand-harvested from the most pristine waters on the planet. Treatments also use mineral-rich, sustainably harvested sea grass from the Resort’s own lagoon.
“The health benefits of spending time near and in the sea have been known for millennia,” explains Maxime Lureau, Director of Spa. “Seawater contains the same percentage of salt as human blood, sweat and tears and the same 66 trace elements, vitamins and minerals as the human body. Seaweed absorbs all these hydrating, softening, toning, slimming and anti-ageing properties, which can then be absorbed by the skin with wonderful results.”
The Island Spa Healing Waters Menu
Located on its own private island, The Island Spa is a sanctuary unto itself, offering unique massages, therapies, wraps, bathing, rituals, Night Spa, yoga and meditation.
The ocean-inspired theme runs throughout: from Tides of Time: Return to Youthfulness facial to Surfer: Return to Balance massage and Sea of Life: Return to Peace ritual, to SUP Yoga.
Guests can also embark on transformative five-day spa journeys: Marine Detox: Return to Firmness; Siren Song: Return to Loveliness, and Find Your Flow: Return to Source. Standout treatments in the Deepest category include:
- Kuda Huraa Healing Waters: Return to Tranquility – 60/90 minutes - Performed lying face up on cushions of warm water, this pioneering full body therapy will lull you into a complete state of tranquility and leave your spirit floating.
- The Big Blue: Return to Wellbeing – 150 minutes - A super-hydrating ritual to counter the drying effects of sun and sand, via a sea lavender salt bath, cocooning gigartina and aloe body wrap, extra-long wild algae massage and gigartina face compress.
- Night Spa Ritual: Secrets of the Sea: Return to Self – 150 minutes - A soul-soothing experience on a private beach beneath a blanket of stars. Designed to stop the storm of stress and self doubt and help attune to inner stillness, it focuses on the vagus nerve – the master of memory-making and relaxation – and includes a Gigartina Beauty Bath, Bach flower essence wrap, Kuda Huraa Healing Waters Massage and Vagus Face Treatment.
Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa