Four Seasons Hotel Milano Welcomes Three Michelin-Star Chef Michel Roux for Two Exclusive Dinners on October 10 and 11
Since opening its doors in September 1972, The Waterside Inn, found in the pretty riverside village of Bray-on-Thames, has become a legendary restaurant offering world class food and hospitality to a global clientele.
Gaining its first Michelin star in 1974 when the guide was originally published in UK, a second followed in 1977, before the ultimate accolade in 1985 when The Waterside Inn was awarded three Michelin stars. Today, under the leadership of Michel’s son, chef-patron Alain Roux, it remains the only establishment in the world outside France to have retained those coveted stars for more than 30 years.
As a guest chef of
Wines have been carefully selected to pay tribute to Italy’s rich terroir with a selection of whites and reds by the influential Italian wine producer Bruno Vespa from the region of Puglia, perfectly paired by famous oenologue Riccardo Cotarella, who spotted also some gems among the best local wine producers of Italy.
Open to Hotel guests and locals alike, these two evenings can be booked by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at 0039. 02. 77081416. Both dinners are priced at EUR 210 including wine pairings.
October 10, 2017: Waterside Inn Menu
- King crab and salmon terrine flavoured with dill, oscietra caviar and grapefruit dressing
- Ravioli and “diablotins” of Burgundy snails flavoured with parsley and garlic, served in a delicate lemongrass scented chicken bouillon
- Pan-fried lobster medallion with a white port sauce and ginger flavoured vegetable julienne
- Roasted Challandais duck, caramelised pear and potato puree with Dijon mustard, hibiscus honey sauce
- Chocolate cannelé with gianduja and lime
- Falanghina del Sannio 2015, La Guardiense
- Pinot Nero dell’Umbria 2014, La Madeleine
- OGRA' Syrah 2013 Lazio Falesco
- Albarossa del Piemonte 2015, Bricco dei Guazzi
- Helena Nero di Troia 2014
- Sagrantino Passito 2012 Colpetrone
October 11, 2017: White Truffle Menu
- Duck aspic with quail egg and a Piemontese frisée salad
- Fish and chips, mushy peas and white truffle
- Stuffed quail with foie gras and mushrooms, salt baked celeriac and Swiss chard
- Fontina and white truffle royale with leeks
- Hazelnut and white truffle ice cream baked Alaska
- Spumante Rose’ Brut “Noi Tre” 2013, Vespa Vignaioli
- Fiano Salento “Il Bianco dei Vespa” 2016, Vespa Vignaioli
- Primitivo di Manduria Riserva “Raccontami” 2015, Vespa Vignaioli
Four Seasons Hotel Milano