The Definitive 48-Hour Health and Wellness Itinerary
Curated by Spa Director Tara Cruz, this itinerary is designed for guests of Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown to take advantage of the very best health and wellness offerings that Lower Manhattan has to offer. As a native New Yorker and spa innovator working in the industry for more than 15 years, Cruz says, “New York isn’t necessarily known as the most health centric city in the world, though the self care boom is real in Downtown New York. Being one of the most driven, focused, innovative yet tech and work obsessed cities in the world, we need it more than ever. The easy part was keeping this selection local; the hardest was narrowing it down to just a few favourites!”
- Begin your day by waking up in a Four Seasons bed and enjoying a fresh detox juice from In Room Dining or a Dirty Lemon Detox Cleanse from The Spa to help recover from any jet lag or overindulgence from the night before.
- Schedule a Crystal Detox Body Treatment at The Spa paired with a therapeutic awakening massage to energise and refresh.
- Treat yourself to a Cha Cha Matcha Latte on Broome Street for a healthy pick-me-up and boost in your immune system, minus the jitters! You can even satisfy that sweet tooth with a matcha infused pastry.
- If the weather is agreeable, plan a scenic South Street ferry ride to Governors Island for a bike ride and soak up some sun after a healthy picnic. Don’t be afraid to enjoy a little red wine at one of the outdoor bars – it’s full of antioxidants and healthy for the heart!
- As an indoor alternative, enjoy a VIP Pass to The Class by Taryn Toomey for a spiritual work out - prepare to be moved! It is conveniently located only steps from the Hotel.
- Fuel up with a quick stop at Orchard Grocery for the best vegan sandwich in the Lower East Side. Try to snag a window seat for some great people watching.
- Be sure to head to Sage Wellness on Fulton street for acupuncture and moxitherapy – it helps relieve any crowd or travel anxieties you may have.
- Before the day is over, stop in at Higher Dose in SoHo for an infrared sauna session to calm the nervous system and unwind.
- Then finally head back to the Hotel and enjoy a Soveral Facial at The Spa, which will decrease puffiness and fatigue post travel.
- Then off to bed for an early night – sleep is the best beauty remedy!
- Start your second day with a fitness run across Brooklyn Bridge curated by our partners at Fit Tours NYC, followed by a morning work-out at Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- If staying indoors is more your speed, benefit from our very own Four Seasons trained Aqua Fit workout in our large indoor heated lap-pool.
- Enjoy a post work-out stop at Tribeca’s Quick Cryo and experience the miracle of cold therapy in a three minute session.
- Head to the Aire Ancient Baths in TriBeCa for a therapeutic dip in a variety of plunge pools.
- I highly recommend reserving a unique Resident Healer Session at The Spa during your stay. Whether it be Crystal Healing, Travel Wellness or a Clairvoyant Session, we can assure you it will be unique and extremely memorable.
- Dine while Learning! Ayurvedic dining at The Assemblage allows you to experience the taste and benefits at once or choose a wellness workshop that speaks to you.
- Before making it to bed, order your choice of SOAK Service - an indulgent treat for in-house guests who wish to take full advantage of the deep soaking tubs featured in every room and suite within the Hotel. I've personally designed a dedicated SOAK Service Menu, which includes four options for individual travellers who wish to relax, reduce muscle tension and condition the skin. Alternatively the Rose Revival for Two is a couple’s experience, designed to maximise time together with one’s nearest and dearest.