Experience North America’s Premier Ski Destinations with the Four Seasons Mountain Collection
This winter, visit one, or all, of the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Mountain Collection properties. From sumptuous hot chocolates to relaxed après ski and region-inspired wellness treatments, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole and Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe have a plethora of ways to make special moments in the world’s most breath-taking mountain resorts.
Extravagant Hot Chocolates
There is nothing like coming back from a wintery day to unwind over a steaming hot chocolate. This year, the Mountain Collection take the humble hot chocolate to the next level.
- For The Love Of Chocolate - Chocolate lovers unite - in the Lobby at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole! This winter, guests are invited to sip on rich hot chocolate from their hot chocolate cart. The mobile cart will be available daily in the Lobby from 3:00 to 5:00 pm. Offerings will include homemade dark hot chocolate, both dairy and non-dairy, along with traditional toppings including homemade marshmallows, chocolate shavings, peppermint sticks and whipped cream. For those looking for an added kick, Cognac is also available. Guests can cosy in to one of the nearby oversized sofas, enjoy the roaring fire and sip to their heart’s delight.
- The Tipsy Snowman Makes a Return - After a long day on the slopes, the cute-as-a-button Tipsy Snowman spiked hot chocolate at the outdoor fire pit at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler is the perfect way to relax. Guests can choose from an array of liquors to enhance their delicious beverage, including Canadian maple-infused Sortilege Whisky, Frangelico and Baileys.
- Have It Your Way (this is not your grandma’s hot cocoa) - This season, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe is taking the typical hot chocolate up a notch with its regionally-inspired New Mexican hot chocolate - made with rich, dark melted chocolate and accompanied by house-made, cinnamon sugar biscochitos (a traditional, local Santa Fe cookie). The bonus? Guests can get creative and customise it with an array of garnishes from marshmallow whipped cream to cinnamon, peppermint and fresh vanilla, red wine caramel or even fresh chili powder (and other spices), for those who like it hot. Either way, gather round Terra Bar’s outdoor fire pit, or enjoy this winter treat with a twist while lounging fireside on the private patio of a Casita.
- Haute Chocolate - Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail is home to the world famous Haute Chocolate, created by Pastry Chef Andrew Schweska. This decadent take on hot chocolate is served in a traditional French chocolate pot on a silver tray and made with Valrhona chocolate and steamed milk. This delicious beverage is churned tableside so guests can enjoy the drink at its richest, while it's still piping hot. The creamy, smooth hot chocolate is slowly poured over a homemade marshmallow lain upon a bed of dark chocolate lattice. As it melts, the smooth and elastic texture of the Haute Chocolate becomes even creamier. Haute Chocolate can be upgraded to a spiked beverage by adding a shot of peppermint schnapps, bourbon or other preferred libation.
Alfresco Après for All
In celebration of the beloved alpine tradition of après, all four Mountain Collection resorts have taken traditional après experiences outdoors
- Take Après Outside at the Vintage Camper - The picture perfect Patio Camper is back at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler for the winter season with a snowy make-over. The 1965 retro camper will introducing cosy cheese fondue bowls with freshly-baked pretzel baguettes and bring back the Instagrammable – and deliciously drinkable - Tipsy Snowman, making the patio the perfect place to warm up after a crisp day on the slopes.
- Après-Adventure Fireside Delight - Outdoor enthusiasts can craft their own epic winter adventure with the signature “Adventure By Design” program at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado, offering a series of curated experiences led by in-house, local expert guides. This season, the Resort also invites guests to take après outdoors with its new Après-Adventure Campfire Experience. After a full day of exploring outdoors, guests can watch the sunset and cosy up around a bonfire while enjoying a customisable, gourmet spread of après bites - from charcuterie and cheeses to chef-made stew served in individual pots and other tasty snacks - all paired with local craft beer or wine of choice.
- Après Outdoor Experience - Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail boasts Vail's premiere après locale, served up at one’s table, bar-side or at one of the select, sought-after fire-pits with seating on The Remedy's beautiful terrace, offering unmatched views of Vail Mountain. Mixologist Steven Teaver and his talented staff specialise in curated cocktails ranging from elixirs to potions, each offering the perfect prescription to post-slope revelry. Classic cocktails with a twist include The Medicine Cabinet, an old-fashioned inspired creation with Weller "Remedy Barrel Select" bourbon, Pimm's, green Chartreuse, Carpana Antica and maraschino. Après is celebrated daily through ski season.
- A Touch Of The Alps – Westbank Grill, the signature restaurant at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole, will bring some Alpine influence to the new outdoor après offerings with fondue and raclette. Nothing speaks elevated après like warm cheese, crusty bread, local meats and accoutrements. Après will start in January and is available on the heated terrace only from 3:00 to 5:00 pm daily. Reservations are not required. Westbank Grill is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Locally-Inspired Winter Wellness
Rejuvenating therapies capture the essence of each of the unique alpine regions of the Mountain Collection award-winning spas.
- Caramel Apple and Vanilla Chai Winter Spa Warm-Up - Guests can escape to The Spa at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado for a personalised winter wellness journey, including new seasonal treatments such as the Caramel Covered Apple Wrap (featuring a warm wrap and scalp massage, following an intoxicating apple-cinnamon brown sugar body scrub, and an invigorating shower with hydrating caramel body milk to finish) or a Warming Vanilla Chai Scrub that applies the warming agents found in black tea and indigenous spices to delicately detoxify the skin, while sugar and vanilla gently soothe any winter dryness.
- Après at The Spa - Enjoy a high-altitude, post adventure treatment from head to toe at the award-winning Spa at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail. Guests have a choice of either an 80-minute Swedish or advanced therapeutic massage including a seasonal foot scrub followed by a warm oil scalp treatment focusing on the head, neck and shoulders. Treatment includes a glass of prosecco or a cold one from Vail Brewing Company.
- Turquoise Sage Body Ritual - Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole introduces the new body ritual in The Spa. Turquoise Sage and Body Ritual is a call to home reminiscent of a Wyoming breeze after an afternoon rainfall; wild sage and lavender combine to make this treatment purifying and calming. Wild sage combined with lavender helps stimulate the lymphatic system, boost glandular function and alleviate stiff muscles. A high desert salt scrub and locally harvested arnica and chamomile-infused moisturiser ensure this treatment leaves one feeling fully restored and ready for a good night’s sleep in preparation for a new day of adventure.
- Maple and Stones – The Spa at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler introduces a treatment focused on rejuvenating after an exhilarating day on the mountain. The Maple and Stone seasonal winter treatment uses hand-made maple dowels and warmed basalt stones in a sport-style massage. Organic essential oils of wintergreen black spruce and fir balsam along with hydrating and anti-inflammatory arnica lotion is used to soothe and warm the body.
About Four Seasons Mountain Resorts
In addition to world-class skiing, each Four Seasons Mountain Resort offers the ultimate winter getaway in an enviable location, as well as fine dining, luxurious spa retreats, après ski offerings, and new, one-of-a-kind experiences. With the Resorts’ signature amenities and renowned personalised service, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler and Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole are in a class of their own among winter destinations.
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler