Comcast Business Launches X1 for Hospitality - Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center Will Feature Award-Winning X1 Video Experience in All Guest Rooms
Comcast Business today announced the launch of X1 for Hospitality, a program that brings the unique features and personalisation of the award-winning video platform to hotel guests. Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center, located in the heart of Center City, Philadelphia, will include X1 in each of its 219 guest rooms when it opens this winter.
“Four Seasons guests seek exceptional quality at every turn, and technology and entertainment are an important part of their experience with us,” said Ben Shank, General Manager of Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center. “Today’s luxury travellers want customised, personal experiences with fantastic and intuitive amenities. X1 is simple and user-friendly, allowing guests to navigate and discover the programs they want to watch. With the voice remote, finding a channel, show or movie is now as easy as the click of a button and a simple voice command. We believe X1 will help elevate our guests’ in-room experience and create a truly world-class visit.”
Comcast made today’s announcement at The Hospitality Industry Technology Exposition & Conference (HITEC), booth #2219, and the launch follows a series of successful X1 for Hospitality trials at select hotels across the country.
"Comcast has the potential to disrupt the USD 3 billion United States business TV market with X1 for Hospitality," said Greg Ireland, multiscreen video analyst at IDC. "Products and solutions that have generated excellent results on the residential side can help businesses, particularly in the hospitality industry, gain an edge in attracting new and returning consumers."
The X1 product that will be featured at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center will include:
- Loads of Content: Approximately 300 channel options and a free library of more than 50,000 TV shows and movies On Demand
- Voice Control: Guests can use the X1 Voice Remote to search for networks, shows and movies, set DVR recordings, change the channel, get recommendations, navigate On Demand content and more. Residential X1 customers used the voice remote more than 1.5 billion times in the first three months of 2018 alone.
- Recordings: A two-tuner DVR, allowing guests to record their favourite programming while watching something else or save to be viewed at their convenience when they return to their rooms.
- Multicultural: X1 is available with Spanish screens and menus and the X1 Voice Remote understands Spanish commands. The platform also includes curated content collections such as Black Film & TV, International, and LGBTQ.
- Accessibility: Guests can say “accessibility” into the X1 Voice Remote or tap the “B” key to get to a menu with all of X1’s accessibility options. Guests can also quickly jump into specific features by saying “captions,” “description,” “SAP,” “voice guidance” or “shows with description” to find any programs that are described.
- Branded Channels: Hotels are able to include important promotional and informational content designed to inform and entice guests.
- Award-Winning: Comcast won an Emmy Award for Technology and Engineering – the award specifically honours the work of the technology teams that develop the Xfinity X1 Voice Remote and the innovative software platform that powers it. And the company won the prestigious Red Dot Design Award, which each year recognises products from around the world that exemplify “outstanding design.”
“X1 has changed the game for millions of people when it comes to watching television and now hotels can bring that same experience to their guests,” said Denice Hasty, Chief Marketing Officer, Comcast Business. “Few brands know more about the importance of experience than Four Seasons and we look forward to making their Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center a premier destination with the very best technology and amenities, all tuned to the unique needs of their guests.”
Located atop the new Comcast Technology Center, Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center combines legendary Four Seasons service and elegant architecture and design from internationally renowned architect Norman Foster, with world-class Comcast technology and entertainment to create a truly exceptional luxury hotel experience. With 219 guest rooms and suites offering unobstructed views of the city, restaurants from Michelin-starred chef Jean Georges Vongerichten and James Beard Award-winning local chef Greg Vernick and a world-class spa and infinity pool, Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center will offer local residents and global luxury travellers an extraordinary experience at every turn. Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center is owned by Comcast, in partnership with Liberty Property Trust.
To learn more about X1 for Hospitality, visit Comcast Business at booth #2219 at HITEC in Houston from June 18 through June 21, 2018. For more information about Comcast Business Solutions for Hospitality, visit https://business.comcast.com/enterprise/industry-solutions/hospitality
About Comcast Business
Comcast Business offers Ethernet, Internet, Wi-Fi, Voice, TV and Managed Enterprise Solutions to help organisations of all sizes transform their business. Powered by an advanced network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market; recognised over the last two years by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing providers of Ethernet services.
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center