Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita Celebrates Día de Los Muertos with “Catrinas Fest” Culinary Weekend
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, the five-star oceanfront resort tucked into the lush landscape of Banderas Bay in the Mexican Riviera Nayarit, invites guests on an epicurean adventure to experience traditional Mexican cuisine and cocktails at the property’s inaugural Día de Los Muertos celebration, Catrinas Fest, November 1-3, 2019.
The Resort’s newest dining destination, Dos Catrinas, will host a three-day food and spirits weekend featuring delectable dishes and beverage offerings that invigorate the senses. Executive Chef Jorge González alongside notable chefs including Chef Carlos Hannon of Richard Sandoval Hospitality, Chef Cesar Vázquez of Loretta and Chef Fernando Mendez of Dos Catrinas will take guests on a sensory journey that showcases the region’s freshest sea and land fare. Guests will enjoy each chef’s own creative twists on Mexican cuisine during oceanfront dinners, cocktail parties, interactive cooking demonstrations and more.
“We are excited to expand our culinary programming with our first-ever Día del Los Muertos celebration that will leave foodies wanting more,” says John O’Sullivan, General Manager, Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita. “Catrinas Fest will bring visitors closer to the natural wonders of the Rivera Nayarit through the region’s local produce and spirits and the creative work of our chef and chef friends.”
Helmed by Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita Executive Chef Jorge González, Catrinas Fest will highlight the best in Mexican cuisine and cocktails as interpreted by the Resort’s culinary team and visiting culinary and beverage creative visionaries including:
- Chef Carlos Hannon, Richard Sandoval Hospitality, Mexico City, México
- Chef Fernando Méndez, Dos Catrinas at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, México
- Chef Cesar Vázquez, Loretta, Mexico City, México
- Pastry Chef Edgar Ortega, Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, México
- Mixologist Jose Luis Leon, Licorería Limantour, Mexico City, Mexico
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita Catrinas Fest package starts at USD 1,000, inclusive of lodging and activities.
The festival will feature engaging culinary and spirits encounters including:
- Tertulia Night, Friday, November 1, 20191: The weekend kicks off with a lively welcome reception with bespoke craft cocktails and candlelit dinner at Dos Catrinas inspired by traditional Mexican tertulias or artistic social gatherings. The energetic evening is complete with customary cempazúchitl flowers and sounds from local musicians. The night closes out with an education and tasting of Mexican wines, spirits and craft beers hosted by the Resort’s expert bartenders.
- Día de Los Muertos, Saturday, November 2, 2019: Guests can observe the popular Mexican celebration all day. Beginning with the Resort’s take on trajinera, a floating Mexican party transforming Nuna, the free-form infinity-edge pool overlooking the Pacific Ocean with vibrant flowers, live music and Mexican libations. Later, join Mixologist Jose Luis Leon at Shack Bar for a mixologist masterclass in the sand before heading to Iku Garden, where guests can learn authentic pre-Hispanic barbacoa cooking techniques and traditions while enjoying local Mexican craft beer. To close out the celebration, guests will experience a traditional Mexican family-style dinner and explore the eclectic tastes from Dos Catrinas’ signature dishes and sip on the Resort’s own private label Los Mitos mezcal offerings.
- La Vida Brunch, Sunday, November 3, 2019: Guests are invited to celebrate life and friendship at the ultimate Sunday brunch buffet at Dos Catrinas. Culinary highlights include the popular La Clandestina mimosa cocktail, pan de Muerto, carne asada, raw bar and freshly made omelets and pancakes.
“I am thrilled to welcome this impressive collection of culinary tastemakers to Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita as we celebrate Día de Los Muertos,” says Executive Chef Jorge González, Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita. “It is sure to be an epic culinary adventure as Dos Catrinas’ team, along with a talented assembly of globally renowned chefs and mixologists, introduce guests to flavourful dishes and drinks inspired by the bounty of the Mexican Riviera Nayarit.”
For reservations, call the Resort +52 (329) 291-6000.
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, México