“Botanic Biltmore” Celebrates the Bounty of Spring at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
On March 19, 2020 the first day of spring, Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara transforms into the “Botanic Biltmore.” This year the team celebrates spring with myriad offers that showcase the Resort’s lush jungle gardens, decadent dining and transformative spa treatments while featuring the bounty of local produce and artisanal purveyors. The Resort invites guests to connect this spring and participate in special demonstrations and guided experiences with its talented characters and craftspeople.
Executive Chef Michael Patria invites guests on a locavore adventure. After visiting the Santa Barbara farmers’ market to source fresh ingredients from local purveyors, Chef Patria creates a menu in partnership with guests that showcases the incredible bounty of Santa Barbara. After menu creation, Chef Patria takes guests behind the scenes for a private, hands-on cooking class. The journey concludes with a delectable four-course lunch created and consumed by the guests paired with local wines from Santa Ynez Valley – all enjoyed in front of panoramic ocean-views from Bella Vista Restaurant’s terrace.
Take a garden tour through the Resort’s 22 acres (9 hectares) of lush jungle gardens meticulously maintained by Landscape Manager Ezequiel “Zeke” Gil, a fixture at the Resort for more than 30 years. Originally designed by Lockwood de Forrest, today Zeke leads his talented team in overseeing more than 3,000 plant species. Guests are invited to an up-close look on seasonal guided tours, where Zeke introduces guests to 48 of the Resort's rarest specimens (including the mountain bush cabbage cussonia, yellow birds of paradise and the bird catcher personia). Tours are complimentary and are offered on Tuesdays at 11:00 am.
Take Your (Spring)time
The Resort’s award-winning spa celebrates spring with three new treatments featuring locally owned and operated Santa Barbara Grapeseed Co. and citrus from the Resort’s Chef’s Garden.
- Santa Barbara Citrus Massage: Features Santa Barbara Grapeseed Company’s citrus oil with invigorating and antioxidant rich grapefruit, yuzu and lemon.
- Biltmore Botanical Body Scrub: A gentle organic sugar scrub from Santa Barbara Grapeseed Company exfoliates and nourishes the skin with finely ground, locally sourced dried botanicals including chamomile flower, calendula flower, lavender, rose petal, hibiscus flower and orange peel.
- Coconut Citrus Milk Bath: Kaolin clay, honey extract and fine sea salt relax and soften skin while slices of blood orange and meyer lemon from the Resort’s Chef’s Garden brighten and tone to reveal glowing skin.
Executive Chef Patria launches his spring menus on March 19, 2020, which highlight local ingredients, beloved local purveyors and select items from Chef’s Garden. Menu highlights include:
- Santa Barbara Uni: California cauliflower panna cotta, Santa Barbara finger limes, trout roe, Bell Weather Farms smoked crème fraiche
- Pear and Beet Salad: Santa Barbara wild arugula, Santa Barbara pistachios, toasted fennel yogurt, local pears, edible rosemary flowers from on property Chef’s Garden
- Alaskan Crab and Spring Pea Campanelle: House-made pasta, Santa Barbara sugar and snow peas, Chef’s Garden meyer lemon, Santa Barbara pea tendrils
Imbibe at Ty Lounge with hand-crafted botanical cocktails such as:
- It Gets Better with Thyme: Half Hitch gin, fernet, sweet and sour, green chartreuse, pineapple juice, dash of bitters, garnished with Chef’s Garden thyme and edible rosemary flowers
- Perfectly Pear: Grey Goose poire, pear puree, ginger beer and mint - garnish with lavender sprig
- Botanic Biltmore: Ketel One botanical grapefruit and rose, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, orange liqueur and soda - garnish with grapefruit twist and rosemary sprig
- Chef’s Garden Refresher (non-alcoholic): Pellegrino Aranciata, lemon, mint and ginger beer - garnish with orange slice and mint
From March 23 through April 12, 2020, the Resort celebrates Spring Break with a plethora of activities for the whole family. Guests can enjoy S’mores in the Garden, Olive Oil & Chef’s Garden Herb Blending, Picnic Basket with Chef’s Seasonal Spring Menu Items, Secret Garden where children age (5-12) are invited to plant a flower in the Resort’s Chef Garden or in their own decorated pot to take home with them, and Popsicle Social featuring citrus flavours and botanical herbs.
Become Botanic this spring. Plan a Spring getaway at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara and enjoy 15 percent off when booking the Advance Purchase offer. To make a reservation, book online.
Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara