Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe Launches New “Back-to-School” Program Offering a Bespoke Remote Learning Vacation Experience
This fall, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe invites guests to get away and combine school, work and play – with private casita “office” spaces; a new Resort “classroom”; and a series of curated experiences, fun programs and creative learning opportunities designed to engage kids and make it easy for parents to remote school while also enjoying vacation time.
Set amid 57 sprawling acres (23 hectares) in the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo mountains just outside Santa Fe, Four Seasons Rancho Encantado is a luxury boutique retreat steeped in distinct adventure, culture, culinary and wellness experiences.
The Resort’s hidden location, surrounded by the outdoors, naturally spacious layout and private stand-alone casita accommodations offer an exclusive escape tailor-made for remote learning and working - coupled with fresh air, inspiring views and a relaxing, personalised home-away-from-home experience in a safe, comfortable environment. It’s back to school, Four Seasons Rancho Encantado-style.
New program highlights include:
Class is Now in Session: The Resort has transformed one of its spacious meeting venues into an original classroom area to create an inspiring and physically-distanced learning environment, completely crafted with remote schooling in mind. The new classroom offers plenty of space with natural light, floor-to-ceiling windows, and doors that open onto a large courtyard. It also comes equipped with all the essentials needed to keep children engaged and give parents a dedicated space to efficiently remote school their kids while on vacation.
- Individual work spaces with large tables and chairs spread throughout the area
- Personalised cubbies for storage
- Complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi
- Large Smart TV for virtual Zoom classes
- Framed US and World maps plus multiple time zone clocks displayed on the walls
- Bookshelves stocked with various children’s books for reading time
- Individual-use school supply kits with items such as glue, scissors, markers, paper, pencils, and more
- Arts and crafts creative corner set up with an array of art and learning supplies (including easels, colouring books, crayons, Play Doh, construction paper, DIY creative kits, and more)
- Plus, a special Doodle Diner Menu offering a variety of kid-friendly bites and beverages to order for snack time or lunch
"After School" Programs: A series of new, customised extracurricular-style activities, focused on nature, culture and outdoor fitness, that offer diverse, fun educational experiences to take learning beyond the classroom. Activities are led by the Resort’s team of in-house, expert private guides who are specialists in various unique areas. Guests can choose their after-school experience and personalise each activity according to their family’s interests and preference.
Nature: Get Outdoors and Connect with Nature
- Explore the Resort’s vast “backyard” and discover the diverse flora and fauna and wildlife unique to northern New Mexico's high desert climate
- Hands-on experiences for kids to learn about nature, the region's distinct terrain, indigenous species, the importance of protecting the environment, and more
Culture: The Land and People Before Rancho Encantado
- Activities to discover the history, traditions and rich culture of the native people of New Mexico
- Learn about Pueblos and other local tribes - where they live, who they are, their deep connection to the land and environment; hear personal stories first-hand from native people about their heritage, culture, nearby ancestral sites, and native tools and objects, and more
PE (Physical Education)
- One-hour program designed for broad fitness and movement, based in functionality and fun for all ages
- Led by the Resort’s certified fitness trainer, the PE program is fully customisable and adapted according to group context, guest’s interests and abilities.
- Example program: first fifteen minutes - introductions and warm-up with a variety of engaging, light hearted movement games and calisthenics; thirty-minute main set - various activities and exercises depending on guest fitness level and preference, such as swimming and pool exercises, competitive games, kettle bell, outdoor high intensity, and more; final fifteen minutes - guests are taken through a cool down activity and led through a stretching sequence
Remote Working at Four Seasons Rancho Encantado: When duty calls for remote workers, they can retreat to the new personal casita office spaces. For guests who need a quiet place to work, a separate casita is provided complimentary that can be used as their own private office area, set up with the essentials to conduct business as well as an amenity including refreshments and individually-wrapped snacks.
- Après-Work Happy Hour offering - after a long day at the remote "office," guests can relax and unwind on Terra’s patio with new daily specials on signature craft cocktails, wine and local brews, paired with tasty dishes.
To make a reservation, call +1 505 946 5877, or book online.
Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe