Backgrounder: Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh Announces Major Expansion and Enhancement Project
By the numbers, here’s what return guests and those discovering Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh for the first time can look forward to in late 2021:
- The Resort will double in size from 22 to 44 hectares facing the Red Sea against a backdrop of picturesque mountains. Accommodations and dining terraces spill down a lushly landscaped hillside with meandering pathways around the pools, or guests can choose golf carts or one of two funiculars to get to the beach faster or return to their rooms after a long day in the sun.
- Guest accommodations will swell by 89, bringing the total offering to 169 rooms and a remarkable 120 suites and chalets, including 28 new one and two bedroom suites (13 boasting private pools) and a lavish new beachfront Royal Suite spanning 565 square metres (6,000 square feet). The Resort is laid out in the form of an Arabian village, with Moorish-inspired architecture including roof domes, arched doorways framing sea views, and fountain courtyards beneath more than 3,000 palm trees.
- The always creative Director of Food and Beverage Simone Cerea and his team are adding five new dining outlets to the culinary offering, bringing the total to 12 unique food and beverage options ranging from casual poolside grills to Italian specialities, Middle Eastern flavours and family-friendly al fresco dining. New dining experiences will include the pan-Asian concept Sintoho featuring a teppanyaki bar; Ovens serving authentic Levantine dishes; and the stylish Bullona for Mediterranean-Italian cuisine.
- An all-new Spa featuring 13 treatment rooms and a new 22 metre (72 foot) outdoor lap pool, plus sauna, steam and whirlpool, and a new spa boutique. Spa Director Ina Iordachescu and her team of high trained therapists invite guests into a world of Egyptian beauty, with Bedouin-inspired wellness rituals offered alongside the latest results-driving therapies. Insider tip: Spa therapist Poo will transport guests to Thailand with her sensitive touch.
- A new two-storey indoor/outdoor fitness centre will offer state-of-the-art cardio and weight training, with group classes and private training available.
- Three new outdoor swimming pools, for a total of seven pools across the Resort, including options for families and couples. The one kilometre (3,300 foot) palm-fringed beach gives way to secluded sandy coves against striking limestone cliffs.
- Recreational facilities moving to the expanded resort property include four tennis courts and an indoor squash court, as well as the new beachside PADI dive centre – the only dive centre with access to 76 Red Sea dive sites. Four Seasons guests also have access to complimentary equipment for volleyball, water polo, lawn games and more.
- The new convention centre doubles the capacity of Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh to host events for up to 2,000 participants or guests with nine indoor and outdoor function spaces ranging from 60 to 1,150 square metres (645 to 12,380 square feet) in size. Insider tip: A beautiful setting depends on the details, so be sure to consult with renowned on-site floral artist Malak Taher to customise the space or provide bouquets and boutonnieres for the wedding party.
- Four Seasons is perfectly situated just 10 minutes from the international airport, and the concierge team can arrange easy access to the area’s historic and biblical landmarks, nearby golf courses and myriad desert adventures.
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt