City of Champions: Top Ten Reasons to Meet Us in St. Louis Now
2. The Gateway Arch: The new USD 380 million reason to visit St. Louis is The Gateway Arch and Jefferson National Expansion Memorial. Located just steps away from where Lewis and Clark completed their journey along the Mississippi River, this magnificent project has revitalised the riverfront and the surrounding areas. New, state-of-the-art exhibits within the museum are scheduled to open in July 2018.
3. Location, Location, Location: St. Louis boasts a central location within the United States with easy air access featuring more than 250 daily departures from St. Louis to 70 non-stop destinations.
4. Historic: Missouri is the birthplace of Mark Twain, trace the steps of Lewis and Clark, relive the 1904 Olympic Games held in St. Louis, theme an event around the Spirit of St. Louis, the first transcontinental flight, or enjoy a leisure group ride on Historic Route 66 with a privately catered lunch.
5. Sports Lovers Dream: Watch the eleven time World Champion St. Louis Cardinals take on their rivals April–October, including visits from the Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox.
In 2014, a brand new Ballpark Village opened next to Busch Stadium, which is the perfect off site destination for group events. This new project is one of many that have revitalised downtown St. Louis and it includes many restaurants, bars, and seating options to watch a Cardinals Game.
6. Medical and Education: Plan an event in coordination with some of the top universities and hospitals in the US. St. Louis is the proud home of Washington University with the highly ranked Olin School of Business and world renowned faculty in the school of medicine, including Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Both Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children's Hospital are annually ranked among America's Best by U.S News & World Report.
7. Blues and BBQ: Hum the tune of the newly-opened National Blues Museum in the city deeply rooted in the genre and located in the heart of the “Blues Belt.” A private tour will include the chance to interact with touch monitors and give guests the ability to create and leave with their own song. Songwriters can refuel and sample their way through nationally recognised barbecue restaurant Pappy’s Smokehouse.
8. Headquarter City for FORTUNE 500 Companies: Did you know that St. Louis is home to Express Scripts, Monsanto, Energizer, Stifel Financial, Enterprise, Maritz, Centene, Peabody Energy and Emerson Electric, just to name a few? Any of these companies would be proud to tell you why St. Louis is a great place to consider for your next meeting - or even a move.
9. King of Beers: Sip your way through the city while discovering the nation’s oldest and largest brewery; visit the famous Budweiser Clydesdales of Super Bowl commercial fame. St. Louis also boasts many new amazing craft breweries to visit and incorporate into an off-site experience for a group, or a fun activity for couples and friends to share together.
10. Grow and Glow: Missouri Botanical Garden: Open since 1859, the Missouri Botanical Garden is the nation’s oldest botanical garden in continuous operation and a National Historic Landmark. Learn and grow with more than 4,800 live trees on the grounds, explore a vibrant tropical rainforest inside of the Climatron and enjoy outdoor musical festivals during the warmer months. The Garden is open year round and offers unforgettable experiences that can be found here.