Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver Celebrates Global Wellness Day with All-Star Roster of Industry Experts and Brands
Inspired by the belief that "one day can change your whole life,"
“Global Wellness Day provides the perfect excuse to reflect and reset in our beautifully inspiring, health minded city,” says Martin Sinclair, General Manager at
Roster of Wellness = Health, Happiness, Fun and Community Spirit
Global Wellness Week 2017 is an awesome opportunity for the team at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver to connect with community partners in celebration of good living. This year’s activities highlight Vancouver’s passion for wellness through a variety of activities on the Hotel’s fourth floor rooftop garden oasis:
- Monday, June 5 at 5:30 pm and 7:00 pm: Leading the kick off, the ultra-popular Eastwood Cycle Sanctuary will offer two rides each ending with a guided meditation.
- Tuesday, June 6 at 6:00 pm: Back by popular demand, the fiercely fun RSVP 33. Feel confident and empowered, and connect with the community through dance. Register online.
- Wednesday, June 7 at 5:15 pm: Local wellness coach Catherine Roscoe Barr, founder of The Life Delicious, shares Power Posing: How Creating Powerful Posture Can Transform Your Life, a holistic approach to mental and physical wellness by simply changing body language. Register online.
- Wednesday, June 7 at 6:15 pm: Press pause with Moment Meditation, Canada's first modern meditation studio. Using evidence-backed methods, their meditations are designed to help one get calm, get focused and get happy. Supported by the team at Kit and Ace. Register online.
- Thursday, June 8 at 6:30 am: Discover Vancouver on foot with a morning jog lead by Ironman and
Four SeasonsExecutive Chef Weimar Gomez. Locals and Hotel guests looking for an extra spring in their step complete with an insider's look at Vancouver are welcome to join in the fun. The early morning jog invites guests to enjoy the sunrise over the majestic mountains and sparkling waters -- a truly special time when Vancouver is sleepy yet stunning. Sign-up with the Hotel Concierge.
- Thursday, June 8 at 5:30 pm: North Shore’s The Distrikt has grown a community of people who not only sweat together but more importantly a family who supports and inspires each other. Co-founders Alex and Jian will be leading their signature class CRUSH HUSH, featuring the perfect blend of high intensity interval training and yoga all in 75 minutes. Register online.
- Friday, June 9 at 6:00 pm: The future is tight with Tight Club, a Chinatown outside-the-box boutique lifestyle studio centred on inclusion, team work, healthy competition, personal development and creative play with real life results. TC will be offering Tight Flight, a taste of all things that are Tight. Register online.
- Saturday, June 10 at 9:00 am: Set a great intention for the weekend ahead by joining in a sunrise yoga class led by Dr. Genieve Burley and the team at the lululemon athletica's Robson flagship store. Followed by a grounding meditation lead by Carolyn Anne Budgell of Calm Rebel Meditation. Register online.
A Taste of Wellness
In addition to the many healthy options already on the YEW seafood + bar menu, Executive Chef Weimar Gomez will be offer a daily Big Healthy Salad from June 5 through 10, 2017. Nutrient-dense, sustainable and delicious are words this elite Iron Man athlete and chef live by. Jump start the day with one of YEW’s super smoothies including Pure Energy with maca and coconut milk, or the Green Power with spirulina and fresh spinach, or take a breakfast bite to the next level with the crowd-pleasing smoked salmon avo toast.
The popular sustainable seafood restaurant will also be offering guests fresh-pressed juice shooters on the morning of Saturday, June 10, 2017. Finally, the Hotel will also have wellness initiatives for employees, including a special healthy meal on June 6, 2017 in the inviting and health-minded employee cafeteria, affectionately called YOU2.
Global Wellness week is a great excuse to celebrate wellness and share some of the initiatives that
Say Yes to Global Wellness Day by following @FSVancouver using the hashtag #FSWellness and #GlobalWellnessDay.