Mother Earth Farmers' Feast at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
Coin & Candor, a California brasserie at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village known for ingredient-driven, wood-fired dishes, prepares to celebrate its one year anniversary and Mother Earth with a series of specialty menus honouring some of its favourite local farms.
Beginning April 1, 2020, Chef Jose Fernandez and Chef Patrick Fahy present The Mother Earth Farmers’ Feast with weekly themed menus incorporating seasonal prime pickings. Each week during the month of April 2020, a series of four-course menus (USD 65) will incorporate one select ingredient throughout each dish, paying tribute to the local farmer who thoughtfully brought the ingredient to life.
“We are thrilled to partner with some of the area's most skilled farmers who have played a pivotal role in Coin & Candor’s success during its opening year,” explains Chef Jose Fernandez of Coin & Candor. “These farmers work tirelessly to harvest and grow the highest quality produce that yields the best tasting and most nutrient rich ingredients. It seems very appropriate to celebrate our farmers, our one year anniversary and Earth Day all within the same month."
During the four week long celebration, farmers from the partnering farms will make special appearances inside Coin & Candor and speak to guests about the importance of seed varietals and responsible farming practices. For a limited time during the month of April 2020, vegetables will be available for purchase at the pop-up farmers’ market located inside Coin & Candor.
To make reservations, book online or dial 818 575 3000.
April 1-7, 2020 - Beauty and the Beet
Thorne Family Farms, Malibu
- Ahi tuna crudo, beet aguachile, serrano, citrus, avocado, sesame, green onions, radish
- Beet tetela, goat cheese, sea urchin, purslane, squash blossom, toasted pistachios
- Lamb loin, beet mole, cabbage, nasturtium, pine nuts.
- Chocolate pave 70 percent organic chocolate, cocoa nib croquant, beet ice cream,
April 8-14, 2020 - Bravo-Avocado
Apricot Lane Farms, Moorpark
- Avocado hummus, peanut sauce, grilled naan bread.
- Sea bream, avocado, cucumber, seaweed, nasturtium, sesame seed, serrano, shiro dashi
- Skirt steak, charred avocado-nopales salsa, spring onions, pinto beans, pea tendrils
- EVOO gateaux green strawberries, green almond, green apple, avocado ice cream
April 15-21, 2020 - You Have Tomato Be Kidding Me
Tamai Family Farms, Oxnard
- Heirloom tomato, citrus, chive-nasturtium oil, stone fruit, ginger vinaigrette
- Fermented tomato, corn mole, black sesame, spring herbs
- Charred octopus, tomato broth, olives, potatoes, calabrian peppers, toasted almonds
- Tomato granite crème fraiche ice cream, ruby port, compressed melons, candied brioche
April 22-30, 2020 - Peas On Earth
2 Peas in a pod Farm, San Luis Obispo
- Chilled pea soup, spiced crème fraiche, sourdough croutons
- Snap peas, labneh, wild arugula, basil, meyer lemon oil, pumpkin seeds, salsa verde
- Pea raviolo, black truffle egg yolk, peas, ricotta, brown butter, pea paper, parmesan
- Strawberry brulèe matcha genoise, whipped cream cheese, toasted almonds, green pea ice cream
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, California