Coin & Candor Re-Opens Inside Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
California brasserie launches spring menu in celebration of new beginnings
Just in time for spring, Coin & Candor, the California brasserie known for wood-fired dishes and seasonally inspired ingredients, opens for outdoor patio service and a celebratory menu reflective of Southern California’s rich agricultural abundance at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village.
Following a temporary closure due to the pandemic, Chef Jesus Medina and his team eagerly return to deliver a show stopping line-up of dishes inspired by the season of blossoms and rebirth. Incorporating local ingredients from the region’s best growers and purveyors, the neighbourhood brasserie is open daily from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm with a newly launched all-day dining menu offered from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Spring 2021 Menu Items
- Apple and walnut salad - castelfranco, frisee, crisp apple, pomelo, smoked walnut, yogurt dressing (USD 14)
- Kali salad - kale, Salanova, egg, pancetta, rotisserie chicken, tomato, avocado, pickled shallot, breadcrumbs, lemon-agave vinaigrette (USD 16)
- Heirloom carrots - labneh, dukkah, honey (USD 12)
- Grilled cabbage - béarnaise, pistachio (USD 12)
- Grilled avocado - peanut salsa macha, honeycomb oil, grilled naan bread (USD 15)
- Creamy burrata - kiwi berry, strawberry, tomato, shiso, puffed quinoa (USD 15)
- Shrimp ceviche - shiro dashi, red onion, citrus, radish, avocado, serrano, cilantro (USD 14)
- Fluke sashimi - cucumber, green salsa, cilantro allium ash oil (USD 14)
- Sea urchin fettuccine - pancetta, English peas, cured egg yolk, chives (USD 21)
- Swordfish - seafood broth, mussels escabeche, green oil (USD 25)
- Steak and potato - 6 ounce Snake River Farms skirt steak, red onion marmalade, pickled mustard seeds, potato paillasson, garlic aioli (USD 31) plus potato paillasson, 2 pieces (USD 7)
“My team and I are thrilled to return to the kitchen and do what we love,” explains Chef Jesus Medina. “Our spring menu is symbolic of a fresh new start - a celebration as we look forward to better and brighter days ahead in this changing season. It is an honour to be back working with local farmers in our community who have also navigated very difficult times. My spring menu it a tribute to those partners and their resiliency.”
Back by popular demand, guests can also savour signature items such as the Baja red snapper with chimichurri, adobo, and herb salad (USD 31) or indulge in Chef Patrick Fahy's house-made red fife sourdough bread (USD 7) baked daily and served with organic Straus creamery butter. To view the complete menu click here.
To make a reservation click here or dial 818 575 3000.
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, California