Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora
Motu Tehotu - BP 547, Bora Bora, French Polynesia 98730
Bora Bora, French Polynesia – March 16, 2010
Lights out for Earth Hour at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora. Resort taking part in worldwide climate change awareness initiative.
On March 27,
For the third year in a row, as a symbolic commitment to long-term sustainability,
“Along with our use of local products and our ongoing commitment to preserve our unique environment here, we are pleased to participate in Earth Hour again, and hope to help raise awareness of this important message,” says
Sebastien Carre, general manager of
Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora also participates in the following environmental initiatives:
- Led by marine biologist Oliver Martin, the Lagoon Sanctuary offers activities for guests of all ages, including snorkelling, coral grafting, discussions on Polynesian ecology, octopus feeding and more. The Lagoon Sanctuary is maintained in partnership with the Pacific Eco-World Initiative, a non-profit organisation.
- A comprehensive recycling programme is in place throughout the Resort, which recycles glass, aluminum, paper and plastic and reuses discarded linens as rags.
- The purchasing programme seeks out products that are regionally produced, organic, include recycled materials, and are delivered with minimal or no packaging.
- Food waste from the Resort’s kitchens is reprocessed and used as agricultural animal feed.
- The Eco-Luxury programme offers guests the option to reuse their linens; in return, the Resort donates a sum per room, per night, to a local non-profit organisation dedicated to protecting the lagoon and its fauna.
- A comprehensive, state-of-the-art water recycling system allows grey waters to be reprocessed and reused for landscape watering.
Hotel Press Contact
Director of Public Relations
350 South Beverly Drive, Suite 220
Beverly Hills, CA, U.S.A. 90212
Email Brad Packer
T. (310) 712-1493
Find Another Hotel
To find press information on a specific hotel or resort, click on the link below.