Four Seasons Resort Peninsula Papagayo, Costa Rica
- Peninsula Papagayo, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Four Seasons Tenure
- Since 2018
- First Four Seasons Assignment: General Manager, Four Seasons Hotel Mexico City
- Four Seasons Hotel Mexico City; St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico; W Bogotá; W London; The Westin Resort Costa Navarino and The Romanos a Luxury Collection, Greece; Starwood Hotel Italy; The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta; Malta National Tourism Authority; The Radisson SAS Hotel, Malta
- Bachelor of Science, Hotel & Catering Management, Bournemouth University, England; Master of Science, International Tourism Marketing, University of Surrey, England
- Maltese, English, Italian, Spanish
A native of Malta, an island nation in the Mediterranean Sea with a sizable tourist industry, Ian-Robert Ciappara has always been curious about hospitality and travel.
“As a child, I was fascinated by what was on the other side of the ocean and across borders. How you would cross the border and just a step away, and suddenly you were entering another world with different food, language, architecture, and culture.”
Ian-Robert's career evolved within the marketing and product development side of the hospitality industry. For a number of years, he progressed through a series of urban and resort properties, taking on his first general manager position in London followed by Bogota, Colombia; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Mexico City, Mexico; and Peninsula Papagayo, Costa Rica.
“I feel very connected to Latin America and thrive within the colour and vibrant culture that each country offers. It reminds me of my Mediterranean roots.”
In the role of General Manager there are three pillars that are the guides to his operational success: luxury lives in the details, there is beauty in simplicity and perfection in delivery. These pillars have become his beacons for conveying excellence in the guest experience alongside understanding the insight of why guests choose to travel.
“I am still very marketing driven. Success comes from the realization that everything in a hotel has a purpose, a story, and a reason for being done.”
During his little free time, Ian-Robert is a lover of interior design, details, and esthetics. These passions are helping him create his dream home; a sprawling countryside farm where he plans to have organic orchards and live a farm-to-table lifestyle.