Four Seasons Hotel Kuwait at Burj Alshaya
- Al Soor Street, Al Mirqab, PO Box 735, Safat, 13008, Kuwait
Director of PR and Marketing Communications
Four Seasons Tenure
- Since 2022
- First Four Seasons Assignment: Current
- Ali Abdulwahab Al Mutawa Commercial Company, Kuwait; Interesting Times Advertising Agency, Kuwait; International Humanitarian Relief, Beirut, Lebanon; Ayman Al Asfari family business (CEO of Petrofac), Beirut, Lebanon; International Development House, Beirut, Lebanon; American University of Beirut, Lebanon; Assembly of Eastern Christians, Beirut, Lebanon; Publivision DDB, Damascus, Syria.
- MBA in Business Administration, American University of Beirut, Lebanon; BA in Business Administration, University of Kalamoon, Damascus, Syria; Training/Internships programs including Dubai Summer Surprises Apprenticeship program, Dubai, United Arab Emirates; Procter and Gamble (P&G) Academy 2010, Beirut, Lebanon; F&U Training Center, Chemnitz, Germany; Internship in Assiut oil refining company, Assiut, Egypt
- Lattakia, Syria
- Arabic (native), Armenian (native), English (fluent), Italian (intermediate)
Creative, expressive and infinitely curious, Kapriel Kalenderian loves to discover fresh perspectives. Fluent in English, Arabic and Armenian, and renowned for his innovative vision, Kapriel is a gifted marketing and communications professional who has helped to define some of the world’s most respected brands. Underpinning his success is a love of people, highly original creative voice, and fascination with different cultures – all of which have shaped his life from an early age.
Born in Syria to Armenian parents, Kapriel was raised in Syria. His thirst for knowledge and sharp mind saw him excel throughout his studies, gaining scholarships for his BA in Business Administration in Syria’s top university, and for his MBA in Beirut, Lebanon. Driven by his passions for technology, sports and leisure, and a desire to explore different countries, his varied career has encompassed roles in research, development and marketing for acclaimed companies across Syria, Lebanon and Kuwait. From tenures in the telecoms industry to the worlds of fashion and retail – overseeing multi-level campaigns for an international client roster including Nike, Intersport, Reebok, Puma, Adidas and more – his business acumen and originality garnered acclaim in each new, fast-paced environment.
Throughout, Kapriel’s outgoing, sociable nature and fascination for discovery have been a driving force. “I love other people's company and discovering the interesting nuances of different cultures,” he says. “Having the opportunity to live in lots of countries and work with people from varied backgrounds opens your mind and broadens your vision of how people think and feel, respond and relate.”
This expansive vision was also honed through Kapriel’s vast experience across both agency and client-side marketing. “Working with agencies and clients requires very different skill sets,” he explains. “It’s given me powerful insights into all aspects of marketing, and an invaluable edge when it comes to understanding what it takes to make a brand stand out from the crowd. I love to merge leadership and business strategies with a hands-on creative approach.”
Four Seasons was on Kapriel’s radar since he studied the brand’s exemplary business practices during his BA. But it wasn’t just the company’s outstanding reputation that drew him to the fold as Director of PR and Communications at Four Seasons Hotel Kuwait at Burj Alshaya. “During the countless interviews I have had throughout my career, I was never ‘wowed’ the way I was in my interviews with the Four Seasons team,” he says. “While unstintingly professional, the focus throughout was on getting to know me as a human being, more than my achievements and certificates. A huge part of a person’s success at work is the team and environment they are a part of.”
Impressed by this people-centric approach – perfectly aligned with his own modus operandi – and the rich cultural experiences at the heart of the Four Seasons Kuwait experience, Kapriel is excited to engage with all the challenges that his role brings. “There are so many fascinating stories to communicate here,” he says. “I’m inspired to connect with different people, and to translate my experience from retail, marketing and advertising across varied industries. I’m proud to be part of this exceptional team, and to offer an original perspective that honours the Hotel’s incredible heritage and future horizons.”