7 Reasons Why You Should Stay at Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto with Kids
There are plenty of reasons to fall in love with Kyoto, even for our youngest guests. Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto is a great base for exploring Kyoto for children of all ages. Here are 7 reasons why you should stay at Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto with your family.
A perfect location nestled in Higashiyama district
Easily get around and go back to relax and refresh in our spacious guest rooms after exciting activities and sightseeing around Kyoto with your kids. Located in Higashiyama district, the Hotel is only 5-15 minutes away from downtown Kyoto and cultural districts by car, 7 minutes away from the hub Kyoto station, which is easy accessible from Tokyo and Osaka by bullet train.
Complimentary kids-activities to immerse into local Kyoto culture
Keep the little ones entertained with the following activities, often loved by our younger guests.
- Koi fish feeding at our 800-year-old Shakusui-en pond garden – Enjoy Koi fish feeding in our pond garden at the edge of the glass bridge. You may also find wildlife in the garden, from the sunbathing turtles on the Yodomari-ishi stones to egrets and ducks, with beautiful flowers in bloom all year-round. Wander around this historic pond garden with the garden map to find more.
- Hanameishi Hunting – Hanameish is literately translated as flower business card, a beautiful sticker carried by Maiko (or Geisha) as their business card. Collect 5 hanameishi from our female staff and stick them on a fan to win a special present.
- Experience origami, the art of paper folding, with our Guest Experience Ambassadors.
- Maiko performance on weekends - A Maiko performance is held at 6:00 pm on weekends, followed by a visit to The Lounge & Bar, Brasserie and Fuju (Tea House). You may have the opportunity to play an ancient game together with Maiko-san. Date subject to change.
Kyoto by Four Seasons – exclusive experience program
From Ninja/Samurai experience to the original rickshaw tour, our dedicated Concierge team shall be at your service to uncover the city’s secrets. To learn more about the experience program, access to the e-brochure.
To let you know how much we care about our younger guests and ensure them a comfortable stay, we have the following amenities available with our compliments:
- Special welcome amenities
- Child-size bathrobes and yukata
- Childproofing items, strollers, high chairs
- Games, books, toys and video games
Kids-friendly dining on site
A kids’ menu selection is available at the Brasserie, our spacious restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the pond garden. One-Michelin starred Sushi Wakon is also available for children at the private dining room.
Our Residential Suites, a home away from your home
Our luxury Residential Suites provide the perfect retreat for families and kids with expansive private kitchens and ample space to stay and play including exclusive benefits for a more comfortable stay in Kyoto.
Explore outside Kyoto within an hour away by train
Besides many attractions from the monkey park to the railway museum in Kyoto, explore outside Kyoto and go to a day trip to Nara, which is only about 40 minutes away from Kyoto station. Deer park in Nara is a fun place for kids to run around.