Six Reasons to Rendezvous at Rumah Ikan Fish House
The breezy over-water venue hosts immersive experiences for couples, families and corporate groups
Cast a line into the sea, or share a sizzling barbeque over the waves. Be captivated by jewel-toned skies, or learn to “scoop” squid under the stars.
Rumah Ikan Fish House at Four Seasons Resort Langkawi invites travellers to embark on new adventures, inspired by the island’s vibrant fishing heritage. Floating above the tranquil Andaman Sea and guarded by limestone cliffs, this storied venue was designed by a local fisherman and crafted with island-grown wood. Here, generations-old methods are used to catch the freshest fish and seafood.
Our traditional fish house offers an immersive setting to discover the island’s history and experience the simple pleasures of a bygone time and this is special us to as Ikan Ikan Restaurant sits on the site of an old anchovy fishing village.
The Resort’s talented Adventure Team has curated a series of remarkable experiences, inviting couples, families and corporate teams to connect with each other in new and meaningful ways. Here are six great reasons to plan a rendezvous at Rumah Ikan Fish House.
- Private Tour and Fishing. On this guided excursion, join local Four Seasons staff to explore Langkawi’s fishing legacy. The traditional method to catch fish involves creating a complex structure that extends out into the sea, using strips and splints of wood. Then all aboard for a breezy boat ride across the beachfront.
- Storybook Picnic. Share a local-style Hidangan picnic with loved ones in a magical over-water setting, framed by the endless horizon. Pure sea-breezes and the music of waves make each moment extraordinary.
- Langkawi Fishing Adventure. Discover the local art of fishing on a leisurely three-hour excursion. Hop into the Four Seasons boat with a local angler and head to a great spot off Langkawi’s northeast coast, abundant with grouper, snapper and other marine life. This experience includes live bait fishing, Menjala net fishing and Bubu fish trapping.
- Mi Amor Sunset. As the sun dips westward, raise a toast to romance and rosé at Rumah Ikan Fish House. Langkawi is famous for its breath-taking sunsets, a vivid blossoming of gold, orange, pink and purple across the sky. This intimate experience includes a bottle of rosé wine and gourmet canapés.
- Night Squid Fishing. Come nightfall, set out into the Andaman Sea with green decoy spotlights, the best trick to “scoop” plenty of fresh squid. Guests can also try their hand at Mencandat, a traditional jigging method. According to local legend, moonless nights yield the best catch.
- Tailormade Events. The only venue of its kind in Northern Malaysia, Rumah Ikan Fish House can also be reserved for private small-group events. Think surprise parties, VIP sundowners or barbeque nights. The experienced Four Seasons team can create a personalized all-inclusive package for each group.
Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia