Four Seasons Private Island Maldives at Voavah, Baa Atoll
- Baa Atoll, Republic of Maldives
Regional Director of Spa, Bali, Langkawi, Maldives
Four Seasons Tenure
- Since 2001
- First Four Seasons Assignment: Spa Manager, The Island Spa, Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa
- ila-spa, United Kingdom; Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru; Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia; Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai; Ananda in the Himalayas; Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa; Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast; Spa of Peace and Plenty, Dunk Island Resort, Australia; Pan Pacific Sutera Hotel Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia; Hyatt Regency Coolum Spa, Australia; Clear Mountain Health Lodge Brisbane, Australia; private practice, Noosa, specializing in Reiki, Massage and KaHuna/Lomi Lomi; registered nurse/midwife, Australia
- Townsville, Northern Queensland, Australia
- Numerous international courses and specialist training, including Diploma Swedish Massage, Certificate of Lymphatic Drainage Massage, Level 5/Teacher Level Lomi Lomi/Ka Huna Massage, Reiki Master/Teacher, Certificate in Ayurvedic Treatments and Panchakarma, Lithos Therapy Practitioner Licence (Hot Stone Therapy), Certificate of Breath Therapy, Advanced Certificate in Body/Mind Analysis, and Chi Nei Tsang Certificate Level 1; Postgraduate Nursing qualifications in Paediatrics, Child Health and Midwifery
Luisa Anderson – the first Four Seasons Regional Director of Spa – has been a social worker; a nurse specializing in child health, pediatric cancer care and midwifery; and a much sought after spa consultant; and therapist. More recently, she was director of international spa development for ila-spa, one of the world’s leading natural and ethical wellness brands. And somewhere along the way, she found time to hold senior roles in some of the world’s most iconic spas.
“It seems a lot, listed like that,” replies the gentle Australian. “But it was a gradual journey where one step naturally led to the next. My role now feels exactly the same – especially coming at a time when personal wellness is more essential than ever.”
Her “new role” sees Luisa assuming full responsibility for the people, product and profit performance of five Four Seasons Spas across Bali, Maldives and Langkawi. Having opened three of the Spas (literally tilling the soil and building the garden in the case of Landaa Giraavaru), she is relishing the opportunity to carry all five forward into their next phase of development.
“My role is testament to Four Seasons commitment to wellbeing, while recognizing the importance of keeping coordination hands on and on the ground,” Luisa explains. “We have five exceptional Spas in Bali, the Maldives and Langkawi. I intend to ensure that each one is infused with life, love and a truly guest-focused approach, while using the successes of each to strengthen the group as a whole.”
Widely loved and highly respected throughout the spa world, Luisa is championed for the deep care she feels towards individuals and their development. Fascinated by the interplay between mind, body and intuitive wisdom, she firmly believes that “the currency of wellness is connection.” As such, her main focus lies in developing the congruent relationships within each Spa team – within themselves as individuals, between one another, and between themselves and the guest.
“Although SPA is an acronym for ‘sanus per aquam’ – health through water – to me, it has always stood for ‘silent, pure awareness’,” she concludes. “As spa professionals, once we have reconnected with that place of peace within ourselves, it is our role to facilitate that awareness and deep, authentic connection in others. It’s a privileged position to be in and one that I feel wholeheartedly committed to.”