Sensei Lānaʻi, A Four Seasons Resort
- One Keomoku Highway, PO Box 631380, Lanai City, Hawaii, 96763, USA
Sensei Lanai, A Four Seasons Resort is an elegant, relaxing oasis, located on a secluded Hawaiian island. Designed with award-winning architects, the property offers tranquility and luxury set amid rolling hills and tropical greenery.
Guests will find an inspiring destination where Sensei guides will use an evidence-led approach to well-being, help guests fuel their passions and connect with their intentions to become well by offering enriching classes, new adventures, relaxing treatments, private wellness consultations and nutritious foods. Enjoy all-inclusive programs, with a minimum stay of three nights, with a variety of choices to accommodate interests. Whether targeting a specific health goal or simply unwinding from the stresses of everyday life, each itinerary is customised by a Sensei Guide and designed to be fluid and adaptable throughout the stay.
Total Number of Rooms: 96
- Guest Rooms: 92
- Suites: 4
Number of Stories: 2
Interior Designer: Todd-Avery Lenahan, TAL Studio
- Set amid a mountain location that inspires the senses to ascend and rise above the fray of life.
- The Great Room has been re-sculpted, with a more than 80-foot (24 metre) long glass wall overlooking the verdant gardens bringing the landscape inside.
- Extraordinary works of art are encountered for the first time, commissioned exclusively for the property and stimulating thought and reflection.
- Colours from nature are vibrant against a serene palette, offering a harmonious and balanced setting for a journey to well-being.
- Island of Lanai is a former pineapple plantation that once produced up to 75% of the world's pineapple supply.
- Opened 1991, managed by Four Seasons since 2005, transformed to a wellness retreat 2019.
- Located in the lush, rolling uplands of Lanai. Koele is said to be named for the moisture-laden clouds that came down from the mountain gulches.
- 25-minute flight from Honolulu on Lanai Air, included in all programs.
- Nearby, Lanai City is a charming plantation town with resident-owned shops, galleries and restaurants.
- A whole body retreat
- Inspired by a distant place in the Far East, the focus is on the individual with facilities and spa hale set among beautifully landscaped gardens, providing an escape to nature along the journey
- 10 private spa hale, salon for facials and finishing touches
- Private hale feature oversize spa tables, indoor and outdoor showers, infra-red sauna, steam, ofuro baths, private plunge pools and lounging areas
- 2 hales feature watsu pools for unique treatments
- Sensei Featured Experience – Move, Nourish or Rest with a 120-minute experience in a private spa hale; each experience centers around these three key practices
- Two movement studios
- Yoga pavilion and outdoor yoga space
- 24-hour gym
Sample Fitness Activities:
- TRX suspension
- Dance cardio
- Peloton cycling
- Strength circuit
Yoga and Movement Studio Sample Classes:
- Morning Stretch
- Aerial Yoga
- Restorative Pranayama Yoga Nidra
- Stop Drop and Roll
Philosophy: A new dining concept, Sensei by Nobu, provides clean, delicious and thoughtfully chosen and prepared food with long term health metrics in mind.
All meals and refreshments are included in each stay.
From locally grown produce to sustainable practices, Sensei is passionate about food and its impact on our bodies. Menus have been designed by world-renowned Japanese Chef Nobu Matsuhisa and his team in close collaboration with Dr. Agus’s and Sensei’s nutritionist’s science-driven approach to diet within the context of full-body health.
Restaurant: Sensei by Nobu
- Cuisine: Enjoy delicious meals morning, noon and evening prepared in partnership with the Nobu culinary team and in consultation with Sensei co-founder Dr. Agus’ nutritional standards.
- Signature Dishes:
- Venison medallions - Lanaian venison backstrap, Maui onion jam, caramelised Hawaiian pineapple, brick oven roasted mushrooms
- Black cod marinated in Nobu sweet soy bean paste
- Le petit whole wheat pancakes with local fruits, yuzu yogurt mousse and house made berry compote
- Indoor Seating: 86
Other Dining Locations:
- Dining will be also available at a variety of locations including private hale, poolside, 24-hour in-room dining and The Bar
Nutrition and Cooking Classes:
- A selection of nutrition and cooking classes at the Resort and on the farm complement wellness sessions such as mindful eating meditation, sensory palate training as well as guest lectures for a rounded approach to healthful eating
- Heated outdoor pool with two 25 metre (82 foot) lap lanes and three whirlpools
- Pool service including dining
- 18-hole Putting green featuring Scotty Cameron putters
- Jack Nicklaus Signature 18 hole Manele Golf Course located at Four Seasons Resort Lanai
- Yardage: 7,039
- Par: 72
- Special Holes: 12th – with tee off from a cliff 150 feet (45 metres) above the ocean
- Golf instruction available, Driving range, Putting green, Clubs rental, Pro shop
- Horseback riding
- Sailing, SCUBA, fishing and snorkel tours
- Sporting clays and archery
- Experiential ropes course and zip lines
- UTV tours and 4x4 off-roading
- Cultural excursions
- Outdoor sculpture garden